Vaquero ropes in double silver on her maiden voyage

Waveoff

Elite Member
I received my new black Vaquero with 11"x8" coil the other day but I didn't get a chance to try it out because I was out of town for work. I finally got to take her out this morning in my front yard on a test run. Ground balancing was a snap after watching some videos on how to do it. Using the Compadre prepped me well for deciphering the different tones various targets make.

I made my way down towards the area where I found a sterling silver charm on my first hunt with the Compadre. I searched that area extensively with the Compadre but couldn't find anymore silver charms or the chain that might have held them. Enter the Vaquero... I immediately got a good, smooth tone that didn't discriminate out. I dug about 6" down and uncovered another sterling charm. There were also two small nails in the same hole that I pulled out first. The second hit I got was the same as the first at a similar depth. It was a second sterling charm with a lucky 4 leaf clover on it. Then I worked my way up to where an old oak tree once stood. I found a pocket spill of 5 wheats. Not a bad first outing with the new detector. I'm pretty happy with the performance of the Vaquero.

UyxDSpZ.jpg

FY4iKs3.jpg

mjxLjdt.jpg

Pretty good hunt you might name your new machine lucky good luck I hope you find a bunch of good stuff with it mark

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Nice work! Congrats on the Sterling wheat harvest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice ! Congrats on the silver . con not go wrong swinging the V . đź‘Ť
So darn fast ! Fun as can be .
HH, Dew

Last year for the wheaties, nice.

Looks like there is some engraving on the backside of the cloverleaf charm, but I can't make it out. You might need a good strong loupe to read it, if it really is there, but I think it is. You might want to check it out.

That Vaq seems to be working good for you! I may just have to try one some time. :grin:

Thanks everyone! I'm hoping to find more of the charms. I think I located the bracelet yesterday evening a good 50 feet away from the area where all three charms were found. The bracelet has 6 spots where a charm could hang. There may be 3 other charms out in the yard somewhere! The clover one has "MOM" engraved on the back. Unfortunately, the bracelet isn't silver. I'm not sure what it's made of. It's very slightly magnetic and when I brushed it hard in water it had a brassy color to it.

Day two with the new detector netted me more silver today. I snagged two war nickels and a token. I'd highly recommend this detector to anyone!

Oh. And I went to my friend's house this evening to hang out and detect his yard a little more. I previously found part of a sterling spoon there. He wanted to try swinging a detector for the first time so I let him use my Compadre. His first good hit was the other part of the sterling spoon and his second hit was a war nickel 6" down. My new and "better" detector got schooled by a newbie swinging an entry level detector! The Compadre countinues to amaze me.

JLMtPZM.jpg

Wu7HE9s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom