Excal II Battery Charging Question.

D14Rocks

I know the rule of thumb about charging the battery for the Excal II after each use. My question is, How long should I charge my batter for if I haven't used it for months. Should I just use it till it dies and Charge it for a certian amount of time. I took it out yesterday, first time in about 6 months and it seems to have not lost a charge at all, but everyone says it slowly looses a charge even if you don't use it. Since there is no battery indacator I'm not sure how much charge it has???

Thanks,
D14Rocks

I know the rule of thumb about charging the battery for the Excal II after each use. My question is, How long should I charge my batter for if I haven't used it for months. Should I just use it till it dies and Charge it for a certian amount of time. I took it out yesterday, first time in about 6 months and it seems to have not lost a charge at all, but everyone says it slowly looses a charge even if you don't use it. Since there is no battery indacator I'm not sure how much charge it has???

Thanks,
D14Rocks

I would just charge it over night ..... Thats what I do.

Thanks JBEXPRESS, I figure, I'll be out at the beach for at least 3 hrs, so I'll charge it at least 6-8 hrs. Is there a way to check the battery for voltage as far as using a meter? Surfs been chopped up here in the eastern FL coast from the off shore storm last week, I'm going out to get the goodies left behind from the other MD's....:D

I think I read they need a good 16 hours for a full charge. I get over 12 hours of detecting on the charge. I never let it run fully dry. I generally hunt about 3 hours a day and charge it every 3 or 4 days.

Myself and Pete (Erikk) are on our second year with them and they have worked flawless.

It really pays of when you wake up in the morning and realize, hey I didn't charge my machine. No 17 hrs, more like 10 minutes. Make sure you watch ebay to save some $$$$$$$$$$

That is awsome. I am going to get one and check it out. At least you can tell if your battery is charged and if you only have one battery and need it charged in a quick, you can do it. Thanks for the info!

D14Rocks

I looked on ebay and didn't see any, but a quick search on google took me to "Robot Shop" web site and they have the exact same model you have shown in your pictures for $45. I thought they would be alot more than that, so I already feel like I got a good deal...:D

You will love the set up I have been charging it about half way between 0 and 1 and it takes about 10 - 15 minutes and seems to be working fine...

You can also use one of these for a power supply

Attachments

• pro peak.jpg
    pro peak.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 2,446
I've got to agree, i bought a battery pack and charger from them, i wanted a backup battery in case my original dies. I used the charger a few days ago, and WOW was that quick....Great charger!

Even the newer batteries that dont have a so called memory should occasionally be flattened to ensure longer life.

Dew

Even the newer batteries that dont have a so called memory should occasionally be flattened to ensure longer life.

Dew

That could be true however I am well into my second year with the quick charging only and it's still seems to be going strong. Even if it goes bad at this point it owes me nothing.

I have a spare waiting I hope it will still work when the original finally gives out :grin:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom