APEX Takes On A New Shape (more hints)

Ironically it has all the features one could wish for in the AT series sans waterproofing, yet cheaper. This detector has more features than the Vanquish and considerably more than the Simplex. Why would one buy an AT series with the Apex on board ? The Apex has some abilities the Nox 600 doesn't have.

Should have obliged me on my bet. LOL. Though I would argue this is a considerable upgrade over an AT. Just cheaper. :cool3:

I'm guessing the "AT Apex" will have more powerful features than just waterproofing.

I'm guessing the "AT Apex" will have more powerful features than just waterproofing.

My predictions for the AT version of the Apex:

(Definitely)
Waterproof of course.
"Pro Audio" analog audio option instead of just different volumes of "beep".
More configurable options, like sensitivity and recovery speed.

(Possibly)
A higher frequency added to Multi-IQ.
More Multi-IQ modes designed to get more performance under specific situations.

My predictions for the AT version of the Apex:

(Definitely)
Waterproof of course.
"Pro Audio" analog audio option instead of just different volumes of "beep".
More configurable options, like sensitivity and recovery speed.

(Possibly)
A higher frequency added to Multi-IQ.
More Multi-IQ modes designed to get more performance under specific situations.

Sounds like a very plausible prediction.

Total Weight : 2.5 Lbs (1.13kg)
Frequencies: 5, 10, 15, 20 Khz, Multifrequency, Multisalt
Search Coil : 6"x11" Viper Search Coil; Ships With Coil Cover
Construction : Rainproof Control Box, Waterproof Search Coil
Battery Type : Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery; Ships With Mini-USB Charging Cable
Targeting: 5-tone Audio Target Id System
Display : Large, edge-to-edge LCD Display
Audio Output : Available With Or Without Z-Lynk Headphones, Internal Speaker, ⅛” Headphone Jack

it took Garrett 6 years to waterproof their GPP

I would not hold your breath on the Apex's being upgraded anytime soon

it took Garrett 6 years to waterproof their GPP

I would not hold your breath on the Apex's being upgraded anytime soon

The Apex is the start of a complete overhaul of Garrett's sport detectors. They said this or something similar on the launch live show. They said there will be more models based on this technology coming out soon. They wont overhaul the Apex to be waterproof, they will just create a brand new AT series detector with the same technology inside of a waterproof housing.

My guess is they started with the Apex for a few reasons.
1. They had a gap in this price range, and there is a lot of competition in and around this price.
2. This medium/low price category allows them to put in enough features to make a splash with a good performing detector. This will generate interest. However it still leaves features to strip out to overhaul the lower ACE line, and features to add to make a medium/high price detector.
3. If the first detector with this technology was the lowest model ACE it would be so limited in features it's relatively unimpressive performance would cause people to write off the technology.
4. If the first detector with this technology was a top of the line model they would have to take the time to perfect every feature and make the model perform as well as possible. This would take time, and Garrett needs to get something new out the door. Now they can learn on the relatively mild Apex, and figure out how to tweak it for best performance without being too "hot" and high-strung. I think this is a common issue with detectors and now Garrett has more time to get it right. Plus they can see what people complain about with the Apex, and change it on the AT Multi-Flex.

For all the Garrett employees and fans posting on here , bottom line : gimme a saltwater proof machine that will blow the current whites and minelabs out of the water for under $1500 and I will buy it.

Back
Top Bottom