Another Fun Day Out Detecting With My Tesoro Mojave

beephead

Elite Member
I had a really fun day out detecting with my Mojave. I set the sensitivity at its max and set the discrimination just high enough to discriminate out a nail. The little Injun was running as smooth as silk. I started my grid search at a early fifties house that I had permission to detect.

My plan was to go over the site with my Mojave and dig all the targets that I could find before going back over the site again with my F75. It was a great plan but I ran out of steam before I could even finish up removing all the targets with my Mojave. Normally I go first with the F75 and then go back over the site again with the Mojave.

Anyway, I ended up finding a silver War Nickel, 2 Rosie dimes, 12 wheat pennies and a bunch of clad coins. I had my sights set on a gold ring, but there wasn't one there to find. If one had been there I'd found it!

I'm having way too much fun with my Mojave!

beephead

Attachments

• Mojave War Nickel 2 Rosie Dimes 001.jpg
    Mojave War Nickel 2 Rosie Dimes 001.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 318
  • Mojave War Nickel 2 Rosie Dimes 002.jpg
    Mojave War Nickel 2 Rosie Dimes 002.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 305
  • Mojave War Nickel 2 Rosie Dimes 004.jpg
    Mojave War Nickel 2 Rosie Dimes 004.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 302
  • Mojave War Nickel 2 Rosie Dimes 005.jpg
    Mojave War Nickel 2 Rosie Dimes 005.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 302
  • Mojave War Nickel 2 Rosie Dimes 007.jpg
    Mojave War Nickel 2 Rosie Dimes 007.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 304
  • Mojave War Nickel 2 Rosie Dimes 009.jpg
    Mojave War Nickel 2 Rosie Dimes 009.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 300
  • Mojave War Nickel 2 Rosie Dimes 012.jpg
    Mojave War Nickel 2 Rosie Dimes 012.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 299
  • Mojave War Nickel 2 Rosie Dimes 011.jpg
    Mojave War Nickel 2 Rosie Dimes 011.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 300
Nice haul, You always scoop the silver. Congrats!

I hope you go back and do a recheck with the f75; interested to see what the Mojave is missing. Thanks. :thumbsup:

[emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Man your going to make me buy one so I can continue to find 51¢ in clad on my lunch hours :laughing:

Congrats on the great hunting and the silvers!

That's awesome! I just got mine recently and only had it out a few times. So far I've found a bunch of clad coins and a shotgun slug. I'm still playing around with the discrimination. But its been fun! I'm taking it out tomorrow! :grin:

Nice haul! I never understand all of the large fishing weights that far away from the water.
BCD
Thanks! I think guys play around with them out in the yard.

+1, congrats , ,,,,,HH
Thanks!

great day
Thanks! It sure was!

same idea
Hey, it looks good!

Straight killin it with the Mojave!

Is that code for Mo' Have-y" silver? :lol:
Thanks! I think everyone should have a Mojave. It's that good!

Nice haul, You always scoop the silver. Congrats!

I hope you go back and do a recheck with the f75; interested to see what the Mojave is missing. Thanks. :thumbsup:
Thanks! If I do go back and find something, It will be more than 7 inches deep because that's the limit of depth for the Mojave on a dime. When I go back behind the F75 with the Mojave, I find stuff that is masked that the F75 can't see. So they make a great team.

Great finds thanks for posting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks!

[emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks!

Man your going to make me buy one so I can continue to find 51¢ in clad on my lunch hours :laughing:

Congrats on the great hunting and the silvers!
Thanks! If you get one, you'll be a happy camper!

does it rain silver where you live? its crazy how much you dig.
Thanks! I'm lucky to be able to talk people into letting me detect their private yards. Most of the public parks have been hunted to death.

That's awesome! I just got mine recently and only had it out a few times. So far I've found a bunch of clad coins and a shotgun slug. I'm still playing around with the discrimination. But its been fun! I'm taking it out tomorrow! :grin:
STOP playing around with the discrimination! LOL Set the discrimination right below 'foil' and start swinging and digging all good sounding repeatable targets. On mine that's were a nail just discriminates out. Sooner or later you'll find some gold jewelry.

beephead

The little Injun that could..congrats on your finds...ps: I always keep thinking thats a blue condom over your speaker :?:

The little Injun that could..congrats on your finds...ps: I always keep thinking thats a blue condom over your speaker :?:

Thanks! I promise you that it's masking tape. I put it on before I detected some volleyball courts, so it wouldn't get sand in its mouth. LOL

tabman

STOP playing around with the discrimination! LOL Set the discrimination right below 'foil' and start swinging and digging all good sounding repeatable targets. On mine that's were a nail just discriminates out. Sooner or later you'll find some gold jewelry.

beephead[/Quote]

I was playing around and seeing what various items discriminated at what level. It helped me a good bit. I've found a Merc and a silver spoon ring with my boyfriend's Garrett Ace 300. I was getting used to seeing the numbers on the screen. Lol. I'm new to this game anyway. I'm having fun and learning a lot! Tomorrow I'm going to set it to just that and see what I find. I've got a pretty promising location to scope!

Thanks! If I do go back and find something, It will be more than 7 inches deep because that's the limit of depth for the Mojave on a dime. When I go back behind the F75 with the Mojave, I find stuff that is masked that the F75 can't see. So they make a great team.
beephead

I think I may start saving my clad finds and get a mojave in a year or so. I have a compadre and really like it, but that mojave sounds just like a juiced up compadre:yes:

Yep! I'd say you are correct! If there was gold there, you woulda found it! Funny thing about the fishing weights BCD mentioned....back when we were kids, in the 60's....

We would be out in the yard with our fishing poles practicing casting all day long! We got really good flinging those weights around learning about backlashes ..having contests etc...there was no internet back then, so a kid had to make their own fun...Fishing was a huge part of our lives...so we practiced all the time...

I think a lot of kids did this, it was just natural...and thats why we find fishing weights a long way aways from the water in fields and yards...Kids spent a LOT of time outdoors back then...only 3 TV channels...Nice work there Beep! I seriously love your finds and write ups and the junk shots!

I think I may start saving my clad finds and get a mojave in a year or so. I have a compadre and really like it, but that mojave sounds just like a juiced up compadre:yes:
I'm going to give you fair warning, the Mojave is addictive and there is no known cure.

Yep! I'd say you are correct! If there was gold there, you woulda found it! Funny thing about the fishing weights BCD mentioned....back when we were kids, in the 60's....

We would be out in the yard with our fishing poles practicing casting all day long! We got really good flinging those weights around learning about backlashes ..having contests etc...there was no internet back then, so a kid had to make their own fun...Fishing was a huge part of our lives...so we practiced all the time...

I think a lot of kids did this, it was just natural...and thats why we find fishing weights a long way aways from the water in fields and yards...Kids spent a LOT of time outdoors back then...only 3 TV channels...Nice work there Beep! I seriously love your finds and write ups and the junk shots!

Thanks! Yep back in the day, we spent all of our time outdoors doing all kinds of stuff to keep ourselves entertained. I keep all that in mind when I'm out detecting, so I can zero in on the good spots.

I can tell a lot from looking at junk shots. I sure wasn't cherry picking that day!

beephead

Back
Top Bottom