New Lesche Sampson Mini.

kelpike

Elite Member
I took my new SE Pro to a local park a couple times to start learning its sounds. I quickly realized that my plugs needed to be a little bigger due to the fact that I'm digging a little deeper and it's hard to get the dirt out of a small hole. I was thinking maybe I could have my Lesche Ground Shark heated and straightened a little but decided against that idea. I had a little money in my Paypal so I purchased the new mini Sampson from NED. I received it today and this thing is awesome. Can't wait to get out and try it. Just a little heads up to forum members, it's $53 with free shipping through Ebay.
IMG_20121229_121926_800.jpg

IMG_20121229_121821_628.jpg

its great i havent used my lesche since sorry lesche but ya i love it

Attachments

• photo (59).JPG
    photo (59).JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 1,772
Mini

I like the sampson 31 inch serrated,you can get your foot on it to insert the blade however the 18 would be a upgrade from any hand digger ,you will like it,Earl ps BUSS WILSON makes a nice holder for the 18

This is a strange request, but could you show a pic of you using it? I'd like to see how far you have to bend over. (Sounds kinky, I know) :laughing:
Well my area just got hit with 2 snowstorms and our weather is getting pretty cold so I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to try mine. I have a bad back so me and bending don't get along. I would probably use mine from a crouched or kneeling position just as I would use my regular Lesche. I do remember seeing a video about the the Buzz Wilson sheath and I think he demonstrated using the digger if I remember right. Maybe someone can post a link to the video or I will next time I come across it.

heres a good video that Bigboar made showing the difference between the 31 & 18 inch sampsons.......

that mini is just too small for me. As a 6 foot fellow, I want to get rid of bending over all the time to dig a plug. I think I'd prefer the taller one personally like one in the 36-38 inch range.

Diggers

I am a big fellow as well. The larger shovel sounds nice but isnt't it kind of cumbersome when you are out in the field??? Just wanted to get someone's input that has used it before I spend 100 bucks.

I am a big fellow as well. The larger shovel sounds nice but isnt't it kind of cumbersome when you are out in the field??? Just wanted to get someone's input that has used it before I spend 100 bucks.

i use the 31 inch T handled serated sampson all the time. its very easy ta carry over your shoulder while swingin the detector. (i think they normally run under 60 bucks)

I have the 28" sampson and its about the right height for me, im disabled and cant beld at all so for woods its perfect..i did bend mie slightly first time out but as long as you dont try to use it as a lever for boulders its ok, i did manage to bend it back without any damage...i still act like im pinbaring 5 tonne stones and rarely can a shovel match that..:laughing:

It does cut nicely and a smaller hole and nice n deep, i was taking 1" holes out across a 6" spread easily, cant say fairer then that!

just wanted to add that i am 6ft 3,and the 31s work for me,along with the rest of my shovels,Earl

Attachments

• 20110613_1.JPG
    20110613_1.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,200
mini Sampson

i have the 308 cobra from Predator tools and really do like it. but the price i paid for it is almost the same as the mini shovel so i just can't see paying that for something that small am not knocking it it's a great little tool am sure. but not at that price. anyway i think predator tool's are over priced anyway.

I have the predator model 58 dixie which is 37.5" long. It is the long handle version. It looks a just like the sampson but not serrated and has a longer handle. I like it because I can use it as a walking stick as I move along. I have another one just like it with the shorter handle. It is 27.5" long. My wife uses it. The mini sampson doesn't look like it would be something I would want to use all day with the short handle. You would constantly be bending over unnecessarily.

that mini is just too small for me. As a 6 foot fellow, I want to get rid of bending over all the time to dig a plug. I think I'd prefer the taller one personally like one in the 36-38 inch range.

I agree. Being 6 ft and 270 and add to that the 52 years I have been on this old relic holder...well, you get the picture. I NEED the longer handle!

Back
Top Bottom