ring returned - posting here cause I found with my water machine

Casper

This guy approached me at work the other day and asked if i could do him a favor - seems his daughter lost a gold ring while raking. I told him no problem and he just had to give me a time and a place. I asked him if he was positive it was lost in the yard and he said yes. He then told me that there was a good chance though that it could have been lost in one of the bags of leaves - so i decided to not only take my land machine, but my PI too.

I arrived there to find 15 bags of leaves near the road. I decided to hit the bags first with the PI before tackeling the yard - which would probably hold alot more targets and take more time. I laid the bags one at a time on the ground and rolled them with my foot while passing over it with my PI. Sometimes as I passed down the side and close to the ground I got hits - I would move the bag and find that I was getting targets in the ground - I would have to find a spot that was clean - this was tough - there were alot of targets - I dragged the bags to the driveway thinking this would be good - nope - targets under driveway too. I eventually did find a silent zone and took the bags there one at a time. When I got to the 7th one I got a faint signal - I moved the bag off the spot and checked the ground area - I got nothing and moved the bag back checked again and received signal again. I took the bag back to the driveway and found a silent spot on it. I dumped half the bag out - checked and got a nice signal - I got down on my hands and knees and spread the leaves and grass out and saw the glint of gold as the sun hit it. I asked the guy to discribe it and he did and I told him I had it. He asked what I wanted and I told him his daughters smile would be enough.

I saw him again at work and he asked again if he could give me something and I said no. He then started to tell me of a bunch of places that I might want to try - so it can still pay off sometimes when you return one now and then.

Attachments

• theguy-.JPG
    theguy-.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 237
  • thering-.JPG
    thering-.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 228
Good job Casper :)

I hit that beach I met you at this morning... no gold but a lot of coins as usual and a couple of Buck knives in the dry sand... I hunted with my DFX today as the tide was a +.95 :( I'm going there again tomorrow morning as I can't work... blew a transmission cooler line and tranny shop going to fix it for me hopefully tomorrow.

Way to go Casper
You are one of the reason why the hobby is so great. I have often told people that we enjoy this hobby because they lose something. But like guys like you we show we can give back when it counts. Thanks .
L.I. Mike :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Good going Casper. what you did for them will stay with them for a very long time. People just don't forget it when you do them a good deed.

Thanks for your positive replys!!!

Guy was refered to me because of t-shirts and sweatshirts i wear now and then-
I'm telling you - make one up for yourself - you'd be surprised what action you'll get - people either ask for help - or tell me about good places to go

You can make a shirt up at home - or like me i made my own business card and then used an online t-shirt print shop - you can get one made for about $15.00 each - sweatshirts are more of course.

I just had a sweatshirt made for a friend with a minelab on it - I designed a business card for him and enlarged it and put it on shirt - giving it to him for xmas

Everyone should make a card of their own to hand out - it's easy
I have made a few for people from other forums - if anyone want's I'd be glad to help

Attachments

• casptee.JPG
    casptee.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 197
  • caspercard3.JPG
    caspercard3.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 205
Very nice job!!! My neighbor asked me to rind her ring in the backyard here. But i wasnt so successful. Probably because she was druk when she lost it and couldnt remember where. I think she just wanted to check me out LOL!!!!

This all comes from a good heart. I have had people give me the strangest looks when I do something for them for free. Then they try to shake my hand off and tell me its something they are not use to :(

But WE, are going to show them different, Aint WE :grin:

Excellent Casper. It will come back to you 3 fold.

Dray

Isn't it a shame,
But in reality people now days are desensitized by the hussel and bussel of our ever changing world we live in morrels and standards are so far out of wack that it's scary to think what it will be like in the not so distant future. Great job casper
DRay said:
This all comes from a good heart. I have had people give me the strangest looks when I do something for them for free. Then they try to shake my hand off and tell me its something they are not use to :(

But WE, are going to show them different, Aint WE :grin:

Excellent Casper. It will come back to you 3 fold.

Dray

Back
Top Bottom