GP pointer vs Whites TRX Depth Tests

As a TRX user I was pretty sure how it would fare. But, like you, I agree the GP is no slouch, especially taking cost into consideration. It's head and shoulders better than the cheapest PP, the Centech. That was funny losing the dime and pressing the PP into service, lol.

Nice vid.

I have to ask a question. Is that table possibly steel framed inder the laminate on on the edge by the coins? My TRX has never reacted like that, even in air, much less with a medium. On a dime I can only see it at 3 and change and that is on highest setting. Maybe I've had a dud since day one. I can only get 5 inches in air on a nickel, and the TRX just chirps a little.

A metalic table could boost it.

Metal table

LOL...no the table has a metal band around the outside...but I made sure the plastic was on wood only. metal band was probably 16 inches away from the coins.

is your TRX sensitivity up all the way. I turned mine up and leave it up.

LOL...no the table has a metal band around the outside...but I made sure the plastic was on wood only. metal band was probably 16 inches away from the coins.

is your TRX sensitivity up all the way. I turned mine up and leave it up.

I've always ran mine at full sensitivity. I played with it tonight after reading that a GB on the thing needs 3 seconds of wait time...I never heard that before. Air tests were better plus I hit a 5" buried quarter in my coin garden at ground level. It was tough though,,,a dime, no way.

Mine still wouldn't ping as good like yours in the potting soil, but I've never tried that in particular. I need to see if mine is still under warranty but I expect Whites would still pass it. I wish I had a local hunter with a TRX to compare.

coins maybe

I notice that some of my coins...mexican pesos and loonies...and gold rings don't give as big a hit.

Are you American...maybe try some Canadian coins...I don't know that it will make a difference. But maybe worth a shot for comparison sake.

Back
Top Bottom