Looking for help

trocks1122

Hey folks, My name is Trevor, looking to use a metal detector for a project, but i am hoping to find something with a bar scanner, to cover more horizontal distance rather than the traditional circle of most detectors. Any Advice?

Hey folks, My name is Trevor, looking to use a metal detector for a project, but i am hoping to find something with a bar scanner, to cover more horizontal distance rather than the traditional circle of most detectors. Any Advice?

Explain that a bit more...
Bar scanner, horizontal distance...not exactly sure what you mean by that.

Explain that a bit more...
Bar scanner, horizontal distance...not exactly sure what you mean by that.
Basically i want to more ground with a detector i could mount on the front of a small vehicle. Basically instead of the normal circular hobby scanners i am looking for something more linear shaped.

Basically i want to more ground with a detector i could mount on the front of a small vehicle. Basically instead of the normal circular hobby scanners i am looking for something more linear shaped.

Turn a DD coil sideways...but distance it at least a couple feet away from the vehicle...

Theres guys that do that with quads and other homemade devices...they ride along old logging trails, beaches, farmland and whatnot looking for gold/meteorites...is that your intent? Theres youtube vids galore...you can build up a rig pretty easily...Its a valid concept..this is a big world and a single coil is just so small!:laughing:
Mud

Here is post of a picture I found online I posted as a funny comic, but it seems like it might be what your looking for but it is pulled instead of on front.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showpost.php?p=2648227&postcount=65

.....another picture I found online and posted as a funny comic, looks like a detector on the front of a three wheel bicycle.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showpost.php?p=2648229&postcount=66

Those are some good ideas for sure! Tell us what you want to find a bit more and it can be refined.

Welcome to the forum from Western NY

:welcome2:

Good luck...... most vehicles are metal and metal & MD machines don't mix. I suppose some type of PVC rig connected to a ATV, but even moving at idle still might be too fast.

We all would love a huge type of coil to cover more ground.

This is for a project? Are you already experienced but looking for a rig?

Back
Top Bottom