Placer Gold Mining

Burbank Bob

Forum Supporter
Any miners out there in this metal detecting crowd?

I had the taste of finding placer gold along the Kern river last week and am considering it as a potentially profitable hobby.

If anyone goes solo up there and wants to partner, hit me up. I'm investing in a sluice and a wheel to make for more productive mining.

Dredging is illegal for now, but that will change soon.

I do a little panning here in Washington...........It's a lot of fun.......though I haven't found much YET! Good Luck!!

I do some prospecting near Sacramento. Ironically that was one of the original reasons I got a detector, so I could prospect near Auburn for nuggets. Got too caught up in digging for treasure closer to home though.:roll:

Sluices are fun, if you can find the necessary drop and/or flow in your river/stream/creek. My sluice sits in the car more often than not. :lol: Buy a bucket if you go sluicing, you'll want it. A classifier or two also help.

Panning is fun, but a lot of work... suggest you read up on it a bit to understand the stream opportunities, methods and pitfalls. HH RickO

I won't be doing any major panning - too lazy for that. :p

We are going back in two weeks, reading up, learning, watching every decent video I can find.

Getting a classifier, sluice, and found a wheel I can rent for the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom