5 more Eurotek Pro silvers...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
I contacted several forum members this morning, see if anyone wanted to hunt during the lull between the rainstorms. No takers, so off I went to take advantage of 50 degrees and a outgoing tide. Went and hunted the wet sand and mud alongside an old iron walled jetty that's flaking and rusting away, see if the Etek can handle it, because I've never been able to pull anything from there with other machines. I brought a 5" coil, but never swapped it, the 11" worked fine. With the iron volume shut off, non ferrous targets can be heard mixed in with the iron...along with about a buck in clad, some lead and maybe a dozen pieces of copper and brass scrap, I recovered these...
IMG_0018_zpsef3aff28.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] 3 wheats, a pair of War nickels...
IMG_0019_zps9d87dd25.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0020_zpsadc7cc0e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] A pair of rust crusted Rosies and a Merc...
IMG_0021_zps897e13f4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0022_zpsaffee67f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Silvers #10-14...they're beat, but they count. I like this Etek:cool:...Thanks as always for the looks and Happy Hunting!

WOW I told you that you will pull ahead of me. It rained way to hard and looks like a lake in my yard. I will get out in the morning and see if I can find a few more.

Glad you had fun Bruce... last time I hunted in coolish temps and rain during the winter I got pneumonia... about 15 minutes ago we had an intense thunderstorm that dropped over an inch of rain in about 10 minutes...I'll hunt in the snow but rain no way...

You keep this silver streak up you'll have to change your name to AdmiralSilver.:D Congrats on another successful hunt.

Another great hunt. The Silver totals are already starting to rise for you. I suspect the year will be another great success. Congrats! Jack

Nice! Proof is in the pudding. Did you use any dig criteria like being repeatable both ways, or did you just go after everything that sounded off?

Now I'm going to have to sell the 8000 and get a Eurotek...thanks a lot Capt, lol.

Congrats on another great hunt!

jesus bruce, you're off to one hell of a start. It has not stopped raining up here all day. Tomorrow it's on!

Nice! Proof is in the pudding. Did you use any dig criteria like being repeatable both ways, or did you just go after everything that sounded off?

I wasn't digging everything...there's copper pipes, brass bolts, big fishing sinkers...if it's made of metal, it's there:lol:...I go by size and shape of the target, a tone that repeats in the same place, and finally, what the screen tells me. The War nickels are tricky targets, those tones and vdi's jump all over the place and mimic junk. A smaller coil would find more as depth is not important here...

Another Great Hunt Capt. Congrats on another 5 silvers. I got out this morning myself for my 3rd hunt of the season and scored 2 more for #10,11. Ive only got 2 silver coins and the rest is jewelery at 44.6 grams. It was Fun in 2013, Best of luck to you in 2014 may you find piles of Silver. steve

Back
Top Bottom