Using pill bottle with what kinda liquid inside to keep coins in while hunting in the field?

Ok what is the purpose of the olive oil thanks.

The oil soaks the dirt away from the coin and is a VERY mild cleaner. It will in no way harm the silver coins. If you rub the dirt off a silver coin you will scratch it and could possibly make a coin worth 200.00 into a coin worth half that.

As I stated I did that not once but TWICE.

The oil soaks the dirt away from the coin and is a VERY mild cleaner. It will in no way harm the silver coins. If you rub the dirt off a silver coin you will scratch it and could possibly make a coin worth 200.00 into a coin worth half that.

As I stated I did that not once but TWICE.

Thanks and what about wheats could they go in olive oil as well?

1926-S Mercury

I have found quite a few coins worth money. I was advised by a coin shop owner to carry a small glass bottle of olive oil and immediately put my silver in it.

Get home and rinse it with hot water only. I did that AFTER I scratched not one but TWO 1926S dimes. I got 100.00 each for them BUT he told me I would have got a lot more if I wouldn't have scratched them.

I didn't scratch a few other nice coins after that, BUT never found another AU 1926S merc.

I found a 1926-S Mercury last Monday and just put it in my pouch along with my clad and copper pennies, and when I got home I tumbled it for half an hour, and there are visable scratches to the naked eye.
HH everyone

I have found quite a few coins worth money. I was advised by a coin shop owner to carry a small glass bottle of olive oil and immediately put my silver in it.

Get home and rinse it with hot water only. I did that AFTER I scratched not one but TWO 1926S dimes. I got 100.00 each for them BUT he told me I would have got a lot more if I wouldn't have scratched them.

I didn't scratch a few other nice coins after that, BUT never found another AU 1926S merc.

$100 each for 1926-S mercs that were dug and scratched? :laughing:

Back on topic, I keep a mentos gum container in my pouch for good coin finds.

thanks guys. For now im using 2 pill bottles half filled with distilled water that bought. 1 bottle for coins and other for relics.

Back
Top Bottom