Seeded with zincolns but still found gold

STURRAT

Went to one of the few open water spots found some clad and lead but decided to move on to one more spot. This spot was seeded with hundreds of zincolns last summer by some a-hole. Well after digging about 15 of them I got a nice fat 10k class ring. 1940 and it’s 10 grams. And yes, mud stood me up to hang out with his mother in law.

2fddea0e60fbdaeb58d3b785fbb1f3f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grams. And yes, mud stood me up to hang out with his mother in law.

Mud how could you?! :laughing:

Oh wait Stu...:dingding: Almost forgot! Congrats on the solo effort on a very nice honker!!

What?! Thats a beauty! The Ice on the Big Lake was as far out as a guy could see! No wind at all though, and conditions acted like a reflector oven and it was shirt sleeve temps! With thawed out sand and a nice cut along the edge of the waterline before the ice floes!

I know this because I took my little stupid dog out to the North beach...after leaving Grannys 99th birthday party at the SleepyTyme Old Folks home! I did get to catch up on "My 600lb Life" episodes though, so theres that...

Thought to myself...Damn! I shoulda been out hunting! I bet Rat got some himself some gold today! And here you did! I guess I didnt salt out enough pennies, well, I wont make that mistake again!!:laughing::laughing:

Attachments

• pai mei.jpg
    pai mei.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 630
What?! Thats a beauty! The Ice on the Big Lake was as far out as a guy could see! No wind at all though, and conditions acted like a reflector oven and it was shirt sleeve temps! With thawed out sand and a nice cut along the edge of the waterline before the ice floes!

I know this because I took my little stupid dog out to the North beach...after leaving Grannys 99th birthday party at the SleepyTyme Old Folks home! Thought to myself...Damn! I bet Rat got some himself some gold today! And here you did! I guess I didnt salt out enough pennies, well, I wont make that mistake again!!:laughing::laughing:

Wife and kids met me down there are we played for a few hours after I got done detecting.

Wife and kids met me down there are we played for a few hours after I got done detecting.

I have big plans for this afternoon and tomorrow....taking along some rolls of punch hole pennies, Stainless steel washers, fence wire ties, hose clamps, and split shots..damnit! You aint making this easy! 'Swing for the Ring' is a newlywed, so hes out of the picture for a good long while, Treasuretwosome is probably in Arizona for the Winter...Irons? I dont know where he is, nobody ever does, I cant keep tabs on everybody, I'm not Abraham Woodhull...

Theres gotta be an easy way to slow you down or stop you completely! Maybe, you should get a Flu shot? I hear its really bad this year? better get one!...:laughing:

Last edited:
I have big plans for this afternoon and tomorrow....taking along some rolls of punch hole pennies, Stainless steel washers and split shots, Theres gotta be a way to stop you! ...:laughing:

I know where you live mud!

I know where you live mud!

Yeah, For now you do, but that could change in an instant!....I admit, that was a bad call on my part, allowing you to befriend me and get so close to pick me of my secrets.....sloppy lapse of judgement...!

I dint consider you much of a threat when you were running the Lab, dirt hunting silver, then, you got the Pro and went all Water Gold Hunter on me...As you know, I dont like salting nickels or junk rings..those can be construed as encouraging finds for not only the Noobs, but Veterans as well....Tabs and wads of foil can wash away in a heavy rip, those are no good either....

No, I gotta think of something else in your case...something special...You are a hard nut to crack Rat...Since you have the vigor of youth on your side, neoprene waders, immune to hardships, cold, disappointment, and dig it all...Plus, you research sites, bow up an toss off dockside landowners with your knowledge of riparian right legalities! While holding down a full Time Job and raising a Family? Very hard to discourage you enough to get out of the Sport..?.

Maybe an anonymously gifted Country Club Membership and a set of nice golf clubs would do it? Huge expense!...Yeah...something special is in order...Although, after all these things, if you havnt given it up by now, you probably never will......:laughing:

Attachments

• rat turtle.jpg
    rat turtle.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 618
  • jan 7-16.jpg
    jan 7-16.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 597
  • oct 28-17.jpg
    oct 28-17.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 607
  • jul 17-16-3.jpg
    jul 17-16-3.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 616
  • jul 17-16.jpg
    jul 17-16.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 587
Last edited:
Great photo's and a good bunch of folks over there.

Congrats on the gold. I have got thousands of 30 cal bullet heads if anyone wants to seed a beach properly. They love falling through scoops!

Great photo's and a good bunch of folks over there.

Congrats on the gold. I have got thousands of 30 cal bullet heads if anyone wants to seed a beach properly. They love falling through scoops!

You should come over here some day Dee! Grip and grin with us West Michgee
Fans of yours! I know for certain, we can put you onto a deep raft sites just loaded with gold!

Bring that sack of 30cals for 'road salt"...I am nearly out of Chucky Cheese tokens, and I cant afford to toss out many more nickles! I'm not a rich Man...Do I gotta do this all by myself? You see what I'm up against? Lil' help here! :laughing::laughing:

Last edited:
I have big plans for this afternoon and tomorrow....taking along some rolls of punch hole pennies, Stainless steel washers, fence wire ties, hose clamps, and split shots..damnit! You aint making this easy! 'Swing for the Ring' is a newlywed, so hes out of the picture for a good long while, Treasuretwosome is probably in Arizona for the Winter...Irons? I dont know where he is, nobody ever does, I cant keep tabs on everybody, I'm not Abraham Woodhull...

Theres gotta be an easy way to slow you down or stop you completely! Maybe, you should get a Flu shot? I hear its really bad this year? better get one!...:laughing:

We spent 2 hrs doing the blowouts at our beach yesterday.
She got 3 wheats 2 were in the teens. Nice ring Tony.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom