A Couple Of So Cal Barbers And A Rarity

Jamflicker

Elite Member
Hey everyone,
Here are some finds from last week. I managed two barbers, one from an old lot and another from a park. I also found both pieces of a lawn mower rosie. They were a couple feet apart and 6-7 inches deep. I figured I had found the second piece when I heard it since it was pretty much the same sized piece. In all, a pretty good week with 10 pieces of silver.

Hope you are all having a good week and have a great Thanksgiving.
Jason

Attachments

• IMG_9444.jpg
    IMG_9444.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 407
  • 56401890007__3A0B1E84-2BAC-4497-AA18-1802F65A8862.jpg
    56401890007__3A0B1E84-2BAC-4497-AA18-1802F65A8862.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 360
  • 56366280663__7439AF56-0DC0-45CD-9FED-710E10CD3A56.jpg
    56366280663__7439AF56-0DC0-45CD-9FED-710E10CD3A56.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 363
Hey everyone,
Here are some finds from last week. I managed two barbers, one from an old lot and another from a park. I also found both pieces of a lawn mower rosie. They were a couple feet apart and 6-7 inches deep. I figured I had found the second piece when I heard it since it was pretty much the same sized piece. In all, a pretty good week with 10 pieces of silver.

Hope you are all having a good week and have a great Thanksgiving.
Jason

Dang I moved from OC in July 2017 and started MD'ing here last December..

I freaking miss So Cal now that I am detecting !!

Great hunt Jason I am Silver with Envy !!

Awesome finds Jason! Very cool that you found both pieces of that Rosie!

Very nice finds!! Those Cali lawn mowers must cut super low!!! I’ve recently found my very first lawn mower cut silver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only other hunter I know that's pulled both halves of a mower cut silver in one outing was the Silver Bandit at the girl's school here about 5 years ago...a Rosie as well. Rare feat Jason! Congrats on it, the pair of Barber Dimes, the sterling, other silvers and the rest!

Congrats on the coins! Good work. :thumbsup:

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

Last edited:
Some great digging Jason including both halves of that Rosie. Congrats on the Barbers, the Sterling Ring and all the rest of the Silver and finds. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving week. Trapper

Dang I moved from OC in July 2017 and started MD'ing here last December..

I freaking miss So Cal now that I am detecting !!

Great hunt Jason I am Silver with Envy !!
Thanks! Sometimes I wish I could move away from all the people here but there is a lot I would miss.
Awesome finds Jason! Very cool that you found both pieces of that Rosie!
Thanks Tom!
Very nice finds!! Those Cali lawn mowers must cut super low!!! I’ve recently found my very first lawn mower cut silver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks CW! Our grass is always growing and needing cutting. Cool on your first.
Beautiful collection of silvers. Well done especially finding those two halves of the dime!
Thank you!
Very Well done Sir! 10 for the week is outstanding! Loved that you were chasing the silver "clippings" :yes:
Thanks! Every time I find a piece of a silver coin I always spend time looking for the other piece in the vicinity.
Love those barbers, but that mower puzzled rosie is a nice completion. Really cool.
Thanks!
The only other hunter I know that's pulled both halves of a mower cut silver in one outing was the Silver Bandit at the girl's school here about 5 years ago...a Rosie as well. Rare feat Jason! Congrats on it, the pair of Barber Dimes, the sterling, other silvers and the rest!
Thanks Bruce! Yes, it is a rarity to find both pieces. This is the 4th time I have found both pieces of a silver coin.
Congrats on the coins! Good work. :thumbsup:

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!
Thank you!

Some great digging Jason including both halves of that Rosie. Congrats on the Barbers, the Sterling Ring and all the rest of the Silver and finds. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving week. Trapper
Thanks Trapper, I appreciate it.
Awesome hunting! Love the barbers! Congrats!
Thanks Jeff!
Congrats on yet another pile of silver! But no marbles???:D
Thanks and marbles will be in my next post :D
Does that count as 2 half dimes ? :lol: congrats, amazing how much old stuff you can find in Socal.
Thanks. The old stuff is here, just have to work hard researching and finding it.
Congrats on all the silver!!!
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom