Back to Iron Beach...big silver and more

Captain Silver

Elite Member
After yesterday's 5 silver hunt I figured there was more where those came from...so I took the Excal Sword and went back to Iron Beach for this morning's low. This time I worked the bottom of the slope for a couple hours and here's what I found...scrap including a Zippo, small spoon handle, swim buckle and $1.02 in cladand again I came away with some keepers...3 wheats, a 5 cents in trade token and silvers #68-#70...1945 Merc, 1946 GW and a 1939D Walker... Saw the 5 on the token and thought I had a Shield nickel, but realized it was a high tone and therefore not a nickel. Trade tokens are uncommon in these parts so it's a pretty cool find regardless...that's all I have for this outing so like usual, thanks for the looks, see you after the next and Happy Hunting!

Last edited:
Nice silver finds! I also enjoy trade tokens! Congrats on a productive hunt.

Success warrants more effort. Congrats Bruce on another very fine outing. Glad to see it was not such a long wait between big Silvers. Hope conditions hold good for you and there is more opportunity for more hunts. Trapper

Thanks everyone for the replies...cooked the Walker in salty water with a cell phone charger for about 20 minutes as the crust on it was thick. Looks a little better now

Great finds and good thing you went back. Congrats on the silver too! That red stone looking broach looks just like that item they just found on the Oak Island show...interesting for sure.

Back
Top Bottom