Which Tesoro (or something else)?

Well, I broke down and ordered myself a Mojave.

I'm still keeping an eye on that Minelab Musketeer, but I asked the seller a few questions, and it turns out a few bits are broken. He thinks it works, but that's about all I can get out of him. I may still get it if the auction doesn't run too high.

Just last night you asked kozman what he wanted in trade for his tesoro Tejon on another forum.Now your beating up on tesoro again.You crack me up calabash.:laughing:

As for tesoro,I have limited time on them but I think I’ve had more fun than any other machine I’ve owned.And I’ve found just as many coins and junk as I have with every other machine .I would suggest a tesoro Mojave,very nice machine,easy to use and a lot of fun.And you can’t lose money,they will hold they’re value,used they’re around $180,,and they don’t stay up long in the classifieds.

actually mojave are $251.10 (new) if you talk used you may be able to get one for $180.00 but ya never see them offered used. anyway,the mojave is worth every penny!..outrageous in the junk with that 7" coil on board. easy to use,and once you learn the audio,will hunt with any detector on the market! ol' cal don't like any detector that ain't made in malaysia,or france,so i would take any thing he says with a "grain of salt" if you go the mojave route,you will love it,and it is built like a tank.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Well, Santa finally let me open up the box, and with a little assembly, the Mojave let out his great battle cry (my word that battery test tone is loud!).

I've only hunted my backyard so far, but I've learned a few things with the sensitivity and the discrimination. With the Mojave's help I've uncovered what looks like a melted coke can, several nails, enough screws to finish my deck (seriously, I ran out! and the ones I found were not dropped by me, because they were buried somewhere near the old deck at the other end of the yard), and what I believe to be the weight out of the handle to a skipping rope. I told my wife it's paid for itself already, and got the usual roll of the eyes.

I think you made a fine choice! I have owned many of the higher end machines and came back to the beep and dig Mojave. Hunting with disc just below foil causes you to dig it all. Most gold I have found since I started in 2009 has been with the Mojave. I credit this to digging it all philosophy. I don’t need an expensive detector in order to dig it all. If I get tired I rest but the Mojave is so light you will hunt longer. Durability is second to none so basically you pay your machine off in one find like I did or a few months of hunting. Also I highly recommend the cleansweep coil if you wanna cover 18 inch swaths in one swing. You won’t take it off after you are wowed by how awesome it is to hunt with! Let the naysayers nay on while you rack up the finds! The Mojave is a BEAST!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I do have my eye on a clean sweep coil. It might have to wait until my wife is actualy convinced that the machine can pay for itself. Hopefully that's soon!

I assure you it can pay for its self. I have used my Mojave for 12 months. I am at $427 in US coins ( only 2 $1 coins ) That does not count the gold and silver rings and coins. I don't hunt in the HOT or COLD. Enjoy your new machine. It will take some time but it will talk to you.

A Vaquero is my pick or outlaw on Tesoro .
Better depth. Actually Deep. If you find one just PM Me for the hot settings 👍
At this point I would start with anything you can get your hands on at a decent price . Odds are if you get hooked you will want a Minelab EQUINOX 800 so you cans do all the cool Aussy stuff . Water and nuggets and coins.
my brother lives in Jambaroo south of Sidney. He will be comming to the US for my daughters wedding. Spose I could pack up the V nice and small and he can take it along back . In early May.
What ever you start with odds are you may be passing it down to a family member sooner then you may think . If you get hooked . It's an addiction so take warning.

Oh and Tesoro is pretty much the most reliable thing out there.
Dew

Back
Top Bottom