• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Weight loss? Really?

richbat

Elite Member
I have a question pertaining to weight loss. You hear and see this everywhere about how to lose weight,eat right and so on. Anyways i was at Wal-Mart the other day in the bread/snack isle,came upon this lady in a wheelchair buying those Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies,well i made the comment about how addicting they are and she said she was buying them for her 95 year old mother.She went on to say her mother goes through a box every other day,so this got me thinking how someone as old as her mother and going through a box every other day has survived for so long? Now i know these things were most likely not around her entire life but you hear of older folks who ate,drank,used tobacco and so on live to be a very old age without some of these so called diets.Just makes you wonder if maybe the older generation is onto something,like eat what you like and do what you do and enjoy your life while your still hear. My grandfather lived to be 98 and ate sweets and drank,used tobacco and so on and look how long he lived.:?:

Both of my great grandmas cooked everything with grease and they both live to over 100 (oldest was 104). I have often wondered the same thing. How did they not get clogged arteries? They did eat a ton of fruits and vegetables though, but I doubt that could offset the other things they ate. BTW, my grandma lived into her 90's and cook the same way as her mother, but my Grandpa died of lung cancer in his 60's. I guess you never know.

Yep.Find it real strange how this all works out for some but what's even stranger is some of these darn diets folks go on.:?: Now by no means am i saying to got out and eat like a pig that just got slop thrown in their trough.:laughing:

MY OPINION back then our food did'nt have all the !!!! food has in it nowadays even a bag of frozen hash brown, its just shredded frozen potatoes right? Yea look at the ingredients. Gmo most our foods have it do a ggogle search on it .

MY OPINION back then our food did'nt have all the !!!! food has in it nowadays even a bag of frozen hash brown, its just shredded frozen potatoes right? Yea look at the ingredients. Gmo most our foods have it do a ggogle search on it .

I'll second this comment , my parents and grandparents grew and worked in tobacco fields for years , and I remember my mom saying she couldn't ever remember hearing of anyone dying of cancer caused by smoking when she was younger , she said she felt this started years later when they started spraying the tobacco in the fields with chemical's to make all the tobacco cure at the same time . But as Offshore said , they're putting stuff in our food that I can't even pronounce.

I'll second this comment , my parents and grandparents grew and worked in tobacco fields for years , and I remember my mom saying she couldn't ever remember hearing of anyone dying of cancer caused by smoking when she was younger , she said she felt this started years later when they started spraying the tobacco in the fields with chemical's to make all the tobacco cure at the same time . But as Offshore said , they're putting stuff in our food that I can't even pronounce.

That anecdote is not necessarily true. Heart disease and cancer have remained the 1st and 2nd leading causes of death, respectively, over the past 75-years.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db88.htm

People aren't as physically active as they use to be. Children had chores, and their diets were controlled, parents made sure they eat right, and limited the junk foods. past few decades, kids do what they want, eat only what they want, work as little as they possibly can.

I'm mainly on an organic type forum. Our food today is killing us by what is on it. They even have seeds that are already treated with a pesticide that grows into the adult plant. Same company who makes it (Monsanto) also made agent orange. Round up made by the same company too. Wouldn't let my kids walk on that shtuff if I was you! I'd rather eat a grasshopper than bug poison. Bananas are poisoned to kill spiders. Potatoes are poisoned twice. Used to be a potato skin was the only part of a potato good for you. Now it will kill you:no:

I'm mainly on an organic type forum. Our food today is killing us by what is on it. They even have seeds that are already treated with a pesticide that grows into the adult plant. Same company who makes it (Monsanto) also made agent orange. Round up made by the same company too. Wouldn't let my kids walk on that shtuff if I was you! I'd rather eat a grasshopper than bug poison. Bananas are poisoned to kill spiders. Potatoes are poisoned twice. Used to be a potato skin was the only part of a potato good for you. Now it will kill you:no:

Rudy , thank's for the link , I stand corrected...

Itsaring , it's lunchtime now and i'm hungry , and now you've got me scared to eat anything , :no: ,,, but I know you're right , I know a guy that used to be a chemist and he's told me some weird stuff about the foods on the market today .

Back
Top Bottom