98-99 VDI's aren't always old rusty steel... Big Silver!

thebuckeye

Dirt fresh! When the AT Pro was screaming 98-99 at this spot I was pretty certain it wasn't an old chunk of rusted steel... But I sure didn't expect this baby to be glistening in the sun!

My first dug silver dollar! I didn't clean it, only ran it under water to get the little bit of dirt off that was sticking to the back side. It was about 5 inches deep. My ears are still ringing from the sucker ;)

IMAG1454.jpg

IMAG1455.jpg

I also picked up some random junk, toy cars, costume jewelry and some copper pennies and clad. A good majority of the clad was 1965-1967 with 2 wheaties so I know there has to be more good coins to be found other than the Peace Dollar.

IMAG1456.jpg

Congrats on the Silver Dollar! Still on my bucket list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the congrats I am pretty happy with this find!

Too bad you wiped the dirt off it and scratched it. Beautiful coin.

I did not wipe the coin. I never wipe coins. The front of it came out of the ground just like that, bright and clean. The back had mud caked covering 3/4 of the back side. You can see the small staining on the back, all I did was run it under water.

I learned to not wipe coins in the early 90's when my dad started taking me out in 91 when I was 11. I detected with him until he died in 95 and was out of the hobby until last year. My dad would talk about wanting to find a Morgan, although this is no Morgan it's pretty close.... I had a lot of thoughts about my father when I found this and ever since. Here I am rambling.... Good luck everyone and thanks again for the many congrats.

Back
Top Bottom