Budget Help

Thanks for all the replies. Very helpful and has me leaning towards the middle of my budget.

Big Treble - I'm a little disappointed to read I won't be getting rich:). I don't know why but I've always loved finding stuff even if it doesn't have value.

woodbutcher/pryan67 - the waterproof option is where I change my mind a lot. I go from "must have" to "useless" about every hour. On my last truck purchase, a slide down rear window made the short "must have" list. I probably use that window 1% of the time so I'll probably make the wrong decision on waterproof.

jmaclen - nice summary. Comfort and weight is on my list. I'm relying on comments about balance as well. I wish I could use them all for a few hours to see what works best for me.

I'll reply here with my decision. Again, thanks for all the replies.

I usto think I needed a waterproof machine too,thought out all the scenarios of water hunting,hunting in the rain,etc...never hunted in the water and there’s nothing in the ground I want bad enough to hunt in the rain.Snow I’ll hunt in,rain no way...So waterproof machines are just a perk if I like the machine,but it plays no factor in my needs.

This has taken a bit but I held out for my birthday. Because it was a big old man birthday, the wife wanted to get me something nice. I got the Equinox 800.

I watched a ton of videos, read a bunch of posts and read the manual cover to cover. I felt like an expert going out in my yard for my first hunt. I was quickly humbled:shock:

I have about an hour of hunting time and all was done in my front yard. My first dig was an old copper "Bearded Lincoln". I was really excited to find treasure on first dig. My second dig was a solid 35 on the ID and 4 shovels on depth. It turned out to be an old street lamp post base that was left in the ground.

Life finds: 2 pennies (one wheat), clad dime, bra clasp with elastic still in place, 6" piece of of conduit and one empty hole that got way too big for a front yard:yes:

Thanks again to everyone for your help.

Back
Top Bottom