• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Swing the coil app?

L0S3R

Elite Member
Has anyone tried it? 0 reviews and they want $3.99 for it. Doubt I’ll spend money for it until others review it.

Has a good idea though it tracks your steps while swinging and can mark your location of finds. Anyone tried anything like it? Think the gps in a phone is even capable of that kind of tracking?

I’m not trying to talk anyone into it, I always recommend reviews before deciding on a paid app, I’m honestly just curious.

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring

Sounds like ti does use the gps in your phone. I haven't looked into the app but it may be kinda fun, and a nice way to record your finds.

I’m just afraid to invest 4$ into a load of c£@p lol the idea is awesome though

Has anyone tried it? 0 reviews and they want $3.99 for it. Doubt I’ll spend money for it until others review it.

Has a good idea though it tracks your steps while swinging and can mark your location of finds. Anyone tried anything like it? Think the gps in a phone is even capable of that kind of tracking?

I’m not trying to talk anyone into it, I always recommend reviews before deciding on a paid app, I’m honestly just curious.

Does the app developer really need to have a databse full of your movements to sell off to a third party? If the dev isn't doing it now, rest assured it isn't too far off in the future.

The CTX has a built in GPS so I just used that. You can try a regular GPS app that is non-detecting specific (like a walking app) that also records your steps.

It probably notes when you pause and than assumes where you are digging your hole.

Throw that smart phone away.

This is the only reason I considered it. It only marks finds if you mark the find yourself, supposeably.

Screenshot on the App Store

fda9543b86abda7806c5e09bdc1e6baf.png

Questions?
Can you actually read the screen in sunlight on your phone?

If not what good is a phone app unless you are night detecting?

If you can use the screen in sunlight what make/model phone are you using?

HH

Questions?

Can you actually read the screen in sunlight on your phone?

If not what good is a phone app unless you are night detecting?

If you can use the screen in sunlight what make/model phone are you using?

HH

Yeah I can actually [emoji41] it’s an iPhone 6 and it automatically adjusts the screen brightness. Pitch black or super sunny I can still see it just fine.

Always read the fine print before downloading any ap. You'll be amazed at many (most?) of them.

If you want a real scare this Halloween, read what you have agreed to in the aps that you already have.

Some of you take detecting a whole lot more serious than I do obviously :lol:

I hope someone posts the "tracking" meme where it shows he ended-up in the tavern, that was funny :lol:

backcountry navigator works well for this.

only real issue with any of them would be the accuracy of civilian gps. +/- 12 feet doesnt do much good when you consider the coil on the ground.

I use it at large sites, to see i've hit a general area, rather than trying to see ip close that i've hit every square foot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I used to use an app called tect-o-trac. It was cool, but think about how many times you go over the same spot and find stuff you missed the first time. I just wing it, but to each his own...

I tried it out the other day.. ;)

Kidding aside, I am always leery of anything tracking my location, even if I am told a hundred times it isn't being transmitted or used in any way. Location is just too big a part of success in this hobby.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-10-24-11-38-18-1-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-10-24-11-38-18-1-1.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 109
keep in mind gps accuracy

the accuracy of gps is within 15 feet. so I am not sure that will do much good. I used commander compass free iphone app to find hunt locations and it usually does a good job since if you get me within 15 feet I will find the general area.

but a small find hole could be hard to find with a 15 ft error rate.

Back
Top Bottom