• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Barber Half

If you don't know what to do, do nothing. Please see the link in my sig line.

Contrary to all the commercials on TV, old things should look old! :laughing: Funny thing, people will take new products, and beat them up and stain them, to replicate the look of a genuine antique. Then you have people who don't know any better, take antiques and try to make them look new. :roll:
No link visible on the phone app. ...?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I don't know what you are talking about in regard to a "phone app", but the URL in my sig line can be copied and pasted to get to the web page.
Here is a screen shot of your original reply to my post.
4c89322d09fe27a4896cb5bffd4d3671.jpg

Mostly they do come out of the ground shiny. ..also on the phone app, there is no link???

If you look at the original coin it is NOT shiny. There is mineral buildup and surface discoloration. That's what the thread is about. If the coins come out of the ground looking like they came out of grandpa's dresser, then everything is good as is. :thumbsup:

Phone app has no significance to the thread.

Mostly they do come out of the ground shiny. ..also on the phone app, there is no link???

If you look at the original coin it is NOT shiny. There is mineral buildup and surface discoloration. That's what the thread is about. If the coins come out of the ground looking like they came out of grandpa's dresser, then everything is good as is. [emoji106]

Phone app has no significance to the thread.
Lol I am the op, I have the coin in my hand...and it is the first silver that I have ever found that looks like this...and if you are going to give advice on a link that is invisible on the phone app Tapatalk then yes, I do believe that is relevant to the post

Sorry,
Guess I did not understand :dash3: on my computer & I can see everything.... i think. :twisted: I am not an app guy.

And you are right, most silver is not discolored here either.
It all has to do with what's in the ground around the coin and how long it's there in the ground.

Sorry,
Guess I did not understand :dash3: on my computer & I can see everything.... i think. :twisted: I am not an app guy.

And you are right, most silver is not discolored here either.
It all has to do with what's in the ground around the coin and how long it's there in the ground.
This coin was in red clay, being it was an 1898, I bet it has been there close to a 100 years or so. Probably going to try olive oil first

I have the same coin 1899 as my avatar,I will not clean this because I tried
electrolysis on a dime from very close to it and it kinda dissolved it for being
mostly black from saltwater.:shock:

On finds that only I keep i just soap/water clean/dry and use a jewlers cloth and shines it up than in cards and book. saving it for my grand kids. thats me !!

Found my first ever Barber coin last week. Happily it's a 1906O half. Came out of the ground half tarnished. Scrubbed with running water and toothbrush. Then I have a silver cleaning solution I bought from a jewelry store. Not 100% clean but very happy with the find and the results.

Attachments

• IMG_1833.jpg
    IMG_1833.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_1834.jpg
    IMG_1834.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 135
Back
Top Bottom