Can the Nokta Impact do anything a EQ600 can't ?

FWest

I have these 2 machines and find myself using the 600 more. The Impact is a very interesting detector but can it do anything the 600 can't ?

Obviously the coil selection is much better on the Nokta but anything else ?

Not a thread to start bashing, just asking more experienced users opinions.

Thanks, FWest

I have these 2 machines and find myself using the 600 more. The Impact is a very interesting detector but can it do anything the 600 can't ?

Thanks, FWest

Tnsharpshooter reviewed the Impact and Nox 800 in detail, so you might see if you can google some of his reviews. He liked them both but seemed to give higher marks to the Nox in relic-type hunting and tests.

I like my Impact and it’s a great machine. I use the Equinox 800 a lot more often these days as it’s so light and waterproof. I’m mostly a beach hunter and have had good success with both machines.

Then there’s the Makro Kruzer, more or less the same people as the Impact, don’t know a whole lot about it apart from it’s waterproof (The Impact isn’t) Might be worth looking into?

One machine will never out perform the other as long as it sits collecting dust while the other is constantly being used.

Agreed

One machine will never out perform the other as long as it sits collecting dust while the other is constantly being used.

While out today my Impact got some time with the 7in concentric in a nail ridden area, nothing to photograph but did find some nonferrous junk and clad.

Put your effort into finding a new site. Worrying about a detector finding a coin that another one missed because of a certain circumstance is just not practicle.

Thanks, FWest

Good question.

And sorta difficult to give a real solid answer (that would apply 100%) of the time.
Why
Coil shapes of the 2 detectors.
Plus I could maybe give a better answer if I could use /experiment using the smallest Equinox coil offering- if it ever makes it to the detecting public.

First IMO higher mineral Nox 800 is better.
Emi Nox has edge for handling.

I don't sat water hunt but reading seems Nox here likely has the edge.

Separation, Both can do well depending on detecting scenario.
Some scenarios with bigger iron Imoact may have the edge.
Some scenarios with just nails Equinox may have the edge.
Both above comparing stock coils only.

Equinox tone is more alerting on nonferrous in challenging sites generally.

Impact's ID of nonferrous seems to be easier to compromise vs Equinox when ferrous enters equation.

In cleaner and or milder ground the 2 detectors more equal. But Impact does have one nice thing going of rot vs Equinox.
That is being able to run VDI non normalized.
Hence checking targets using the different freqs using Impact really exposes the junk targets.
In a modern trash site with old history, I likely would dig less junk when cherry picking using Impact.
Not to say the Nox may sniff out a nice find the Impact may miss.

Both great detectors.
In milder ground Impact can hang with the best of them for depth.

Also Impact has true all,meta whereas Nox don't.

The small football coil on Impact is a real secret weapon.
At least until the smaller coil for Nox arrives.
Who knows the Impact may still be the Mac daddy.
Btw, don't forget the Multi Kruzer.
I have never run one.
I hear it is similar to Impact yet waterproof with overall better ergo.

Last edited:
The one you like "for whatever reason is the one you will do the best with" That being said after using both extensively they are about the same,,,, but if and i do mean if we ever see a small nox coil the nod may end up with the nox..... But no one can tell until someone experienced gets their hands on it.

Having used the Impact for a year now I would not trade my Impact for a Equinox 800 much less a 600. I think the the Impact is a fantastic detector and greatly underrated. I like the 1-100 VID on the Impact. It's very good at IDing coin targets. I can cherry pick crazy trashy sites without having to dig lots of trash. I am becoming one the Impact and really doubt any other detector is going to out hunt it to a significant degree on dry ground. Being a newbie of sorts I probably am not a quick learner when it comes to learning multiple detectors so I am concentrating only the Impact for the time being. I would love to go head to head with someone with a nox or even a Etrac on the trashy sites I hunt to see who would win out. I might be surprised by the nox, but I doubt it.

Tnss mentioned coil size difference, in the 11" round coil range, don't know of another detector that can outpace the Nox in all departments, $ for $.

It might, but but nothing with an 11" coil will beat in overall departments for the money.

Yes,it is a good machine.I think what turned me wasn’t the machine as much as the posts about it.But I agree for the money and the right type of target hunting it’s good.

Good question.

And sorta difficult to give a real solid answer (that would apply 100%) of the time.
Why
Coil shapes of the 2 detectors.
Plus I could maybe give a better answer if I could use /experiment using the smallest Equinox coil offering- if it ever makes it to the detecting public.

First IMO higher mineral Nox 800 is better.
Emi Nox has edge for handling.

I don't sat water hunt but reading seems Nox here likely has the edge.

Separation, Both can do well depending on detecting scenario.
Some scenarios with bigger iron Imoact may have the edge.
Some scenarios with just nails Equinox may have the edge.
Both above comparing stock coils only.

Equinox tone is more alerting on nonferrous in challenging sites generally.

Impact's ID of nonferrous seems to be easier to compromise vs Equinox when ferrous enters equation.

In cleaner and or milder ground the 2 detectors more equal. But Impact does have one nice thing going of rot vs Equinox.
That is being able to run VDI non normalized.
Hence checking targets using the different freqs using Impact really exposes the junk targets.
In a modern trash site with old history, I likely would dig less junk when cherry picking using Impact.
Not to say the Nox may sniff out a nice find the Impact may miss.

Both great detectors.
In milder ground Impact can hang with the best of them for depth.

Also Impact has true all,meta whereas Nox don't.

The small football coil on Impact is a real secret weapon.
At least until the smaller coil for Nox arrives.
Who knows the Impact may still be the Mac daddy.
Btw, don't forget the Multi Kruzer.
I have never run one.
I hear it is similar to Impact yet waterproof with overall better ergo.

I was going to pipe in but I knew you would comment here at some point. Well stated and I agree. My Impact has thoroughly killed the 2 gents I hunt with swinging a 600 and an 800 here in our soil. We have compared targets before digging. They got a sweet tone but I knew what it was... another 5 ORE coin 1881 from Norway. I've found 4 so far in the same area along with more foreign coinage.

The impact has 2 Static search modes that work kind of like a pinpointer. No motion is needed to detect the metal. As you get closer to the object the tone gets stronger. It will ID in this mode and you can also discriminate in this mode.

The Impact has a search light pointed down toward the coil for night hunting.

Thanks the info guys.

Yesterday I used my Impact for about 4 hrs and compared signals to my buddy using his 600. Used 14khz in VLX2 in an old farm field. He was in field 2 multi. I was able to see the same targets and he could see all but 1 I found. Turns out it was a piece of an dry cell battery according to the owner of the property.
I do enjoy using it and feel it's over all construction is far more robust than the 600. It did get pretty chatty at times and does not like my tekpoint. Not a big issue but annoying. I'll keep using it and hope to make some good finds worth posting.

My Impact has thoroughly killed the 2 gents I hunt with swinging a 600 and an 800 here in our soil. We have compared targets before digging. They got a sweet tone but I knew what it was... another 5 ORE coin 1881 from Norway. I've found 4 so far in the same area along with more foreign coinage.

They got a sweet tone, but you knew what it was...moot point, either way you both would have dug it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom