Interesting finds on the beach. Thoughts?

ClockDoc

The wife and I hit the beach in the afternoon day before yesterday. Produced some lead very little coin 2007 Washington State Quarter a 66 penny and our first dug wheat a 53D. The 66 was much worse for wear and heavely crusted. A lot of trash ( bottle caps pull rings and a beer can lid, poodle dog pink ribbon) and hot rocks everywhere.
The most intersting things found were to two iron pieces. The large one looked like a strap hinge at the beach but after getting it home and cleaning it off I don't think that's what it is. No holes for mounting and the end where the loop would be doesn't appear broken off it looks like a hammered shoulder. The other Iron object looks like a ship spike but not sure. I'll be posting more pics in the what is it section.

Attachments

• PSX_20201024_134054.jpg
    PSX_20201024_134054.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 373
  • PSX_20201024_132856.jpg
    PSX_20201024_132856.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 388
Love your tag line....loved it more when my intermittent dyslexia changed it to "never mistake my weakness for kindness" ....cause that would be hilarious!! And I may use that some time. I also love that you and your wife go together to metal detect. How did you manage that?

Love your tag line....loved it more when my intermittent dyslexia changed it to "never mistake my weakness for kindness" ....cause that would be hilarious!! And I may use that some time. I also love that you and your wife go together to metal detect. How did you manage that?

Thanks Paulie. Love the reversal! You are welcome to use it anytime. The Simplex was a birthday gift from her. I suspect it was to get me to the beach to spend time with her and not my fishing poles. :lol:

Thanks Paulie. Love the reversal! You are welcome to use it anytime. The Simplex was a birthday gift from her. I suspect it was to get me to the beach to spend time with her and not my fishing poles. :lol:

My fishing poles have started to gather some dust too....I do think about them whenever I am metal detecting at the beach and watching the fish....but...who has time for that?? I was wondering who got whom interested in metal detecting. I figured y'all just both listed it as a must have on your dating profies...which would be smart.....and if my wife ever wises up and leaves me...that's what i will do.....wait...what am I thinking....I would have all the time in the world then !!! lol. My wife goes with me sometimes....but she just lays out and pretends to not know me.....not really....but I accuse her of it just the same.....and, of course, I wouldn't hold it against her if she did.

StPetePaulie;3263923 I was wondering who got whom interested in metal detecting. I figured y'all just both listed it as a must have on your dating profies.[/QUOTE said:
Hahaha no we've been together before the internet started. She knew I was always interested just the budget wouldn't allow for a quality machine till now. Her motivation is just to be with me and finding gold! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom