Detecting with the Seattle guys, Silvers, IHPs, Jewelry!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
A couple of the Seattle guys came over to Eastern WA and Montana and we got together for several days detecting.

I met the guys in Spokane WA on Friday last week, as we wanted to sample that city and see what might pop out of the ground. I was able to get permission at a couple of yards, and gave my friends a large 1904 home to detect part of the front yard (the owner had new grass on the other part). Best finds there were a Barber Quarter and Merc Dime for Gale (RainorShine on the Friendly Forum - uses Nox 800), and some wheaties and Buff Nickel for friend Ron. At the home I was checking out with a small front yard, I popped a Silver War Nickel, a 1915-S Buffalo Nickel, a 1903 Indian Head Cent, and some early wheat pennies. Ron (uses the E-trac) double checked the yard for me and pulled a Buffalo Nickel and another Indian Head Cent. Gale pulled a nice Indian Head Cent and a Sterling Silver ring from the small adjacent curb strip, and Ron pulled another Buffalo Nickel. Another permission netted me a few Amusement Tokens, a Silver Rosie, and modern clad.

I met the guys in Missoula the next day, Saturday, and we got in about 5-6 hours of hunting before the rains sent me home. Being from the Seattle area, the rain did not stop my friends and they continued to detect! My finds with the AT Pro for Saturday included a Silver War Nickel, 1934-D Washington Quarter, and 1956-D Silver Rosie, along with a couple of keys, a cool pin, a 1901 "V" Nickel, a 1947 12-sided Canadian Beaver nickel, and more wheat pennies.

Since I had church Sunday and other commitments, they detected solo in Missoula on Sunday. Ron found a few silvers, early nickels and some cool relics. Gale's total for the 3 days of detecting were...16 wheaties, 1 Indian, 2 Mercs, 2 Rosies, 1 Barber quarter, 1 silver button, 1 Danish 10 Ore coin dated 1878 (40% silver), a 1916 Missoula Dog Tag, 1 silver ring, 1 silver earring, 1 silver lock and a Montana military button from the Spanish American War.

The first pic shows my better finds and the wheaties, the second pic shows Gale's best finds, and the last few pics are closeups of some of my finds. Thanks for your interest!

Attachments

• db1.jpg
    db1.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 492
  • gales.jpg
    gales.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 419
  • db2.jpg
    db2.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 453
  • db3.jpg
    db3.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 432
  • db4.jpg
    db4.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 411
A couple of the Seattle guys came over to Eastern WA and Montana and we got together for several days detecting.

I met the guys in Spokane WA on Friday last week, as we wanted to sample that city and see what might pop out of the ground. I was able to get permission at a couple of yards.......

You should sell tickets as a tour guide the way you get good permissions! Just kidding!

Also, that Montana button is nice! Do you see many of those?

Awesome hunting and good companionship. Glad to see you are still getting the goodies, Nice job!

Thanks Todd! Might be my last detect of the year, I bruised some ribs and don't feel too mobile right now, so am glad I was able to get a bit of hunting in before that.

You should sell tickets as a tour guide the way you get good permissions! Just kidding!

Also, that Montana button is nice! Do you see many of those?

Thank you ToySoldier! Yeah, I thought of that too, I'd probably have to plant some silver dollars though to make it work out for my guests! Hah! That button is pretty rare, a Montana militia or National Guard type, I've found a few that were marked Montana but nothing like what my friend found.

Great finds man i especially like the first picture! 🤣🤣🤣

Thank you Coinboy! Yep, she is a ca 1908 College Grad, and definitely she can detect with me any time! Oh... you meant the coins?:lol:

Both... she’s welcome to detect with me too!

Yep! She'd probably get some good permissions too!

Great get-together post! Everyone got something, and plenty of good finds. I'm guessing the 1916 dog license is in poor shape? Why am I not seeing it?

Thank you Foragist! My friend Gale gave the dog tag to his buddy Ron, hence it is not in his summary pic. Ron loves the odd artifacts and he was very happy to get the dog tag for his collection.

David, as always you are the consummate host. Thanks for taking us to some of your great spots in Missoula and obtaining productive permissions everywhere. We had a fantastic time. Wish I hadn't stabbed the Barber, but what can you do? I'm hoping to get a picture of the dog tax tag after Ron gets it cleaned up. I also liked the little silver button I found. It has an Asian theme with three geisha`s?? holding fans (next to the Barber). Hope you recover quickly. I'll be calling to check up on you.

David, as always you are the consummate host. Thanks for taking us to some of your great spots in Missoula and obtaining productive permissions everywhere. We had a fantastic time. Wish I hadn't stabbed the Barber, but what can you do? I'm hoping to get a picture of the dog tax tag after Ron gets it cleaned up. I also liked the little silver button I found. It has an Asian theme with three geisha`s?? holding fans (next to the Barber). Hope you recover quickly. I'll be calling to check up on you.

Thank you Gale! Glad you and Ron enjoyed your time here! My ribs are just going to need some rest, but hopefully will be back to detect before the snow flies.

WHAT!!!! :shock: No Morgan Silver Dollars???!!!!! What a WASTED trip! :lol:

:laughing: Seriously, fantastic bunch of history uncovered there!

Sorry I wasn't able to attend....I will try my luck in Virginia over the next couple of weeks.

I guess we will have to plan another trip in the spring as the weather changes across the region.

Great job David, Gale and Ron.

WHAT!!!! :shock: No Morgan Silver Dollars???!!!!! What a WASTED trip! :lol:

:laughing: Seriously, fantastic bunch of history uncovered there!

Sorry I wasn't able to attend....I will try my luck in Virginia over the next couple of weeks.

I guess we will have to plan another trip in the spring as the weather changes across the region.

Great job David, Gale and Ron.

Thanks Paul! Yeah, no Morgan Silver Dollars so definitely a bust!:lol: We did find some other goodies and had a fun time!

Just an update with some pictures of the Asian themed button and the Danish 10 Ore coin dated 1874. Don't know what the coin was doing there in a Missoula curb strip, but still a pretty neat find.

Attachments

• Silver button detail.jpg
    Silver button detail.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 179
  • 10 ore danish coin obverse.jpg
    10 ore danish coin obverse.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 193
  • 10 ore danish coin reverse.jpg
    10 ore danish coin reverse.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 222
Just an update with some pictures of the Asian themed button and the Danish 10 Ore coin dated 1874. Don't know what the coin was doing there in a Missoula curb strip, but still a pretty neat find.

Thanks for the pics Gale! The button and the early coin look great, very nice finds!

Back
Top Bottom