My best Coinstar so far (not much, but better than usual)

GKL

Forum Supporter
About 99% of the time I usually find nothing in my weekly check of a Coinstar during our grocery shopping trip, the very occasional times I do find anything it's usually crusty zincolns :lol:

So yesterday when I found 2 fancy quarters and a clean shiny zincoln I felt like I hit the jackpot by comparison :laughing:

coinstar_12282017.jpgcoinstarandcart.jpg

Free money’s always good! Congrats.. That’s what is so great about this hobby,it’s all free money.Somone gets on here and posts about the coin star free money,and everyone across the states are getting in on it.Show me another place where people share experiences and knowledge about were to find gold,silver and free money.
And on top of all that we have Mud,now that’s a free money making machine.That guy is a self employed dream.lol

Free money’s always good! Congrats.. That’s what is so great about this hobby,it’s all free money.Somone gets on here and posts about the coin star free money,and everyone across the states are getting in on it.Show me another place where people share experiences and knowledge about were to find gold,silver and free money.
And on top of all that we have Mud,now that’s a free money making machine.That guy is a self employed dream.lol

:laughing::laughing::laughing:
(seriously though, you are likely right that there might be some who never thought to check Coinstar machines till they read about it here !)

.......now the real free money I'm waiting on is for the "Publisher's Clearing House" prize patrol van to pull in our driveway :lol:

pch.jpg

About 99% of the time I usually find nothing in my weekly check of a Coinstar during our grocery shopping trip, the very occasional times I do find anything it's usually crusty zincolns :lol:

So yesterday when I found 2 fancy quarters and a clean shiny zincoln I felt like I hit the jackpot by comparison :laughing:

View attachment 402964View attachment 402970

Not Sure I Understand What This Is About? Are You Say That When You Walk Up To A CoinStar These Are Left Over From Some One Else?

Yep, Them coin machines like to spit out coins they don't like. I like them. My wife hates it when I stop and check for coins. Some times I get a nice hand full. Don't even need my digging tool.. KEN :D

Not Sure I Understand What This Is About? Are You Say That When You Walk Up To A CoinStar These Are Left Over From Some One Else?

It seems that occasionally in the reject tray there might be a few coins that the Coinstar rejected but the person who did the coins either forgot or didn't know to check for rejected coins after they dumped their load in the top processing part.

Yep, Them coin machines like to spit out coins they don't like. I like them. My wife hates it when I stop and check for coins. Some times I get a nice hand full. Don't even need my digging tool.. KEN :D

My wife doesn't like being close by when I check it, so I let her get a little ways ahead of me first :lol:

For those unfamiliar with where to check -

coinstar_reject_tray2.jpg

Wow, now i wonder which one i been watching. it has a tray on top. maybe i miss the catch on the bottom.

Remembering do this at the airports in the 70's :grin:

Wow, now i wonder which one i been watching. it has a tray on top. maybe i miss the catch on the bottom.

Remembering do this at the airports in the 70's :grin:

Yep, the top is where they put the coins in at, so check the bottom tray as that is where the rejected coins go.

It can't hurt to look, you never know if you might be surprised ! :shock:

Yep, the top is where they put the coins in at, so check the bottom tray as that is where the rejected coins go.

It can't hurt to look, you never know if you might be surprised ! :shock:

I'll do that

i started a coin collection 5 years ago, not by choice but because owning a store. i was so surprise what people would bring in to buy. They seem to be always cashing in there piggy banks and such. ;)

I'll do that

i started a coin collection 5 years ago, not by choice but because owning a store. i was so surprise what people would bring in to buy. They seem to be always cashing in there piggy banks and such. ;)

Wow, you have a great scenario, owning a store AND knowing to search thru the change you get for both silver coins and also coins with key dates that are more valuable than the melt value alone.

I worked a part time job before retiring where I handled cash from the public, I wish I'd have thought more to watch for silver that I could have bought with my paper money.

Yeah, it actually started with 2 dollar bills then wheat pennies and then on up from there.
i always tell the workers they belong to me first and if i don't want them i will pass them on to you.
they have been very trusting with this.

Yeah, it actually started with 2 dollar bills then wheat pennies and then on up from there.
i always tell the workers they belong to me first and if i don't want them i will pass them on to you.
they have been very trusting with this.

That is great, highly value employees you can trust, they are sometimes not always easy to find.

The motel I worked at part time prior to retiring I discovered that an employee on another shift was shorting the coins in the rolls of quarters in the spare cash box. I had first noticed one roll seemed a little shorter, then I checked them all, and out of about 10-12 rolls, about 90% of them were shorted, I guess that employee figured no one would notice :shock: (one or two shorted rolls you might think possibly it's just human error, but not with about 8-10 rolls out of 10-12 rolls shorted !)
(and that wasn't the last one to do stuff like that, I'm thinking to myself, how many new employees do they have to go thru before finding another honest one ? :shock:)

On the flip side, I had about 4 times that a customer overpaid me by $100.00 without realizing it, every time I gave it back without hesitation.

One time I did not realize it till the person got into their room and I was doing a routine money count and found out that one of the $100.00 bills they gave me was actually 2 bills stuck together from being new bills, I immediately called them on the phone to come back to the front office so I could give them the extra $100.00 bill back.

Funny thing is, the people usually just gave a strange look without saying much or anything as if it was so strange for anyone to do that, I would just smile and say "I sleep good at night" and "you can't put a price on a clear conscious" :D

We have the same thing going on. Almost all the customers are using cell phones and don't pay attention to what your ringing up. We have given back lots of money to them. I tell the workers never put the money away incase they question the transaction.
i also don't aloud them to use cell phones while working, if i have to tell more than 3 times i tell them i will throw it away.:shock:

customers will just put there hands out for the cash without looking cause they know we won't cheat them. ;)

We have the same thing going on. Almost all the customers are using cell phones and don't pay attention to what your ringing up. We have given back lots of money to them. I tell the workers never put the money away incase they question the transaction.
i also don't aloud them to use cell phones while working, if i have to tell more than 3 times i tell them i will throw it away.:shock:

customers will just put there hands out for the cash without looking cause they know we won't cheat them. ;)

That's very good !

Not only do you get a loyal base of returning customers for repeat business because they know your store is trustworthy, you all can sleep good at night having a clear conscious ! :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom