Too cold to Detect!! How cold was it?

TwistedT

Elite Member
Hey All,
I am envious of you guys that have warm enough weather to detect. It has been extremely cold/snowy here the last 2 weeks. :(

This morning it was -8 degrees with a high of 6 for today.
Won't be warming up till the weekend - in the upper 30's with about 10-12" of snow cover still on the ground. Looks like a while before I get detecting. :(

How cold was you area this morning and today?

GL and HH !!

Hey All,
I am envious of you guys that have warm enough weather to detect. It has been extremely cold/snowy here the last 2 weeks. :(

This morning it was -8 degrees with a high of 6 for today.
Won't be warming up till the weekend - in the upper 30's with about 10-12" of snow cover still on the ground. Looks like a while before I get detecting. :(

How cold was you area this morning and today?

GL and HH !!

Looks like we are in the same boat my friend lol

Right now(10:39 am) 63 degrees... Supposed to be 70 later today...:D[/QUOTE

63 degrees at 10:39 AM and 70 expected, I really feel sorry for you. Not
Go out use that detector and be sure to post a followup if you would.

30 degrees now with a forecast of 37 for a high and 23 for a low tonight. Wind chill of 17 degrees and 80% humidity!

And guys, this is Southeast Texas!!!! This just ain't right!!

Bayou, I was shocked this morning to see you're colder down there than we are in OK. And snow in Houston!!!!! Holy moley!

still a little chilly in philly.. morning low 6, high 12, w/c's -5, 0...
looks like it's gonna be a while till the thaw.

Bayou, I was shocked this morning to see you're colder down there than we are in OK. And snow in Houston!!!!! Holy moley!

Not as shocked as I was when I walked my dog at 6 am!

Right now it is spitting snow and sleet here in Beaumont and the overpasses are closed since no one here knows how to drive on slick roads. It will surely be nastier by the time I go home from work at 5pm. Since the 4 lane is closed all of the traffic will be bumper to bumper on the frontage roads. Last Friday my normal 15 minute drive took over an hour. I don't even want to think about tomorrow morning.

It is now 7 farenheit out. It was -8 earlier with a wind chill down to -24.

EVEN if I wanted to detect. LOL that would be impossible. My yard as of a few minutes ago. (And my cat Bandit)

Not as shocked as I was when I walked my dog at 6 am!

Right now it is spitting snow and sleet here in Beaumont and the overpasses are closed since no one here knows how to drive on slick roads. It will surely be nastier by the time I go home from work at 5pm. Since the 4 lane is closed all of the traffic will be bumper to bumper on the frontage roads. Last Friday my normal 15 minute drive took over an hour. I don't even want to think about tomorrow morning.

Yeah, I can imagine how fun that was... not! We got about 10 minutes worth of little fluffy snowflakes here early this morning but the sun came out and it's warming up now.

If it's any consolation the better weather is heading your way, and I can sympathize on your drive, I have driven a lot down yonder and it's less than fun on a hot dry day, be safe and watch out for the lunatics!

Back
Top Bottom