Frosty Clad

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
I have been surfing around via Satellite on Google Maps for a few years to find potential clad baskets....Its a lot of fun simply to Satellite hunt for a location!

You can go to any town, zoom in and find the schools and other potential areas of findings...What ever your specific desire is...Then, you can strategize the layout and plan where to park, where the gates are, where the concessions are, where the snow is pushed, you can also click on the location and check the School schedule for games and off days and all that other important stuff...

Anyway, I drew up a little map and hit such a place at just dawn...sure enough, open gate and a whole lot of Q's in the grass on the side and behind the seating area...I also hit 5 totters at elementary schools nearby. I pick the ones with totters hidden from view out back and with a 'rich' looking neighborhood surrounding it...All of this you can see via the satellite and go in there without wasting too much time!...

166 coins for $34.68

Attachments

• nov 22-17-1.jpg
    nov 22-17-1.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 239
  • nov 22-17.jpg
    nov 22-17.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 211
Holly cow Mud, You are getting some clad piles. You will have that motor home in no time. I need to try my luck at this satelight thing you use. I just drive around little towns and find schools and tot lots to kill time in.
My back gives out after a couple hours. I just have to stop and go home.
You take care Mud... KEN:D

Yep, gotta love satellite view on google maps for current conditions. On my mobile, it even gives the temperature! I've found several totlots right within 10 miles I didn't even know existed until scanning over the satellite view. Parks that don't show up even when searching "parks", I'm guessing some towns don't list them all or designate them per google but sure enough on satellite.

Love finding hidden gems like that! Those totters are stacked and ripe for the picking! I tend to find more clad in the affluent neighborhoods, but more kid trinkets in the more dilapidated ones.

Nice fat stacks, Mud!

Thats a lot of quarters and dimes,very few pennies.Do you pass them up or disc pennies out? I know Somtimes even disced out a few pennies have snuck through my machine and I’ve dug them,figured I’d ask..Good haul tho,just like working.lol

Such great advice and ideas. I'll have to try this out really soon. You must be in great shape from all that bending and pickin'!

Dang Mud, how does that old back of yours make it through the 200 coin days? Congrats on another big clad haul!

Congrats Mud!! Another fantastic hunt!! So with all this newally found clad, what are you at for the year??

I found $11 today and $19 the other day!! Its still rolling over here!!

Cheers

Atpro dude

Last edited:
Dang man takes me a few months to rack up that much $ in clad, but I’m lucky if I get 3 hours a week in. How long were you out there? No jewelry? Congrats on the big clad cash!

All that, and another dollar coin too, I see. Well done Sir!
You know, Mud, being the Cladmaster you are, there should really be a video. With proper filming and editing, I'm seeing a top quality Educational & Informational program that, knowing you, would be pretty entertaining as well!
But then again, something like that could spawn a whole new generation of highly efficient clad grabbin' newbies, just crawling all over the place...a nightmare I DON'T want to see!

Thanks guys, Yeah Satellite Scouting is a wonderful!! Even for the old silver boys or waterbabies...Man, I sure wish it was around when I was trapping...woulda saved all sorts of time slogging around looking for locations...Same kind of deal here, scouting it out at the desk saves the hunting time for hunting....

Back
Top Bottom