F2 with factory 11 dd coil quirks

sicam

I ordered my F2 with the 11 dd coil.

During my learning ... breaking olds habits from my previous detector... I have noticed a couple things. Now non of these things are negative but more of how the detector talks to me.

1. On full discriminate, only allowing for dimes and quarters, the detector seems to throw a single wild beep on heavy metal. Its almost like its telling me that I have shut off the detection of certain items but it wants to tell me that its there if I want to take a look.

2. The dd coil will sometimes through a double beep in one direction over an object but a single beep on the return swing.

3. Digging a hole 4' away with a shovel can get it to speak to me just because of the metal moving through the air.

4. Sometimes I get a ghost beep, it will beep once and say something to me. I will swing 3-4 more times without a beep and just as I get ready to leave it will throw another beep. I am trying to figure this one out.

5. To pinpoint with the big coil I approach the object from me to it with tip of the coil. When I hear the first beep I note an object on the ground. Then I approach the location from away and bring the coil to me with the bottom of the coil and when I hear the first beep I note the location. This gets me very close.

6. I have also seen directional beeps. Swing to the right - beep, swing to the left - silent. Pretty consistant. Now rotate my approach angle 90 degrees and it silent both directions. Another one of those things were I need to learn.

I see this like getting a new bird dog. They all can point birds but each one does different things and as soon as I learn how this F2 points I think its gonna be awesome.

Had the 11"DD on my F4. It definitely is a learning experience. I use the 10" oversize coil on my F2 and am much happier. I'm sure with time you will have no problems. Good Luck!

You will get the hang of it and when u do you ..you will love this machine. I dont have the 11dd coil. I just use the standard 8in and 4 in coil and I love them. Im not interested in upgrading at all on coils at this time because Im having so good success with the other coils and I have dug up a quarter close to 11in deep and it had a strong signal too. I dont want to go much deeper than that. hh and good luck

You will get the hang of it and when u do you ..you will love this machine. I dont have the 11dd coil. I just use the standard 8in and 4 in coil and I love them. Im not interested in upgrading at all on coils at this time because Im having so good success with the other coils and I have dug up a quarter close to 11in deep and it had a strong signal too. I dont want to go much deeper than that. hh and good luck

waiting for my f2 to arrive next week sometime. when do you use the 8" and when do you use the 4"

have you done any air testing ? If not try it.It's really cool to see how signals change depending on the angle of the object to the coil. Try it on lots of differant metal you have. have someone sweep the object at one angle then change it to another. yes iron can show a big number but most times won't repeat it or not constant like a coin. I think those occasional beeps are just to keep you awake between good targets,LOL. keep learning, the DD coil works great.

Back
Top Bottom