• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Etrac settings for deep silver?

ghound

Elite Member
I've been playing about with an Etrac vs my Signum the past few days, i've not owned one for a few years and i'm kinda rusty.
Anyways, i want to give it a fair shake as the settings i'm using might not be the best, i want it to run hot but useable.
My settings are,
open screen,
noise cancel go's to 7-8
auto+3 reads 19, in manual it stops most chatter at about 25-26.
deep on,
fast off,
high trash,
conductive tones

cheers.

Ghound you can turn variability to 29 or 30, will make higher conductors sound better.
Won't add depth.

I never did run deep on and did well depth wise,,,did have gain turned up though.

I almost always run manual 28 - 30 sens. if the ground is reasonable. I lose a lot of depth using auto sens. Well, we are talking deep silver.

Make sure the volume gain is turned up. It will make deep targets sound louder.

The down side of this adjustment is it increases falsing. If you have decent ears and a good set of headphones, you can turn volume gain down to 15-20 this will help you distinguish between shallow and deep signals. While not increasing the iron falsing.

Just turn it on.lol. The Etrac And Any fbs are deep right out of the box...But as for settings,goes forever settings and Andy’s coin program is all I ever run..I do change one thing tho,I don’t run auto plus 3 in goes forever settings,I use manual sensitivity at 22 thru 26 depending on the area.
If you google Andy’s coin program on you tube it will show you how to put it in your Etrac..and if you google goes forever his Etrac settings come up..hope that helps

Last edited:
Thank's folks, i've been trying a few of your settings, the Etrac is still a deep detector on big silver.

Anyways it was interesting to see how the 2 detectors compared on solo targets, i was never a screen ID hunter, but the Etrac was certainly accurate to a point, and that point is probably deeper than most.
On the small hammered coin it wasn't as good at depth, it hit it ok at 7" but that was it's limit, my (probably wrong) theory is that the higher 25khz channel was too high for a mid conductor coin to get the depth, and the lower 3khz channel too low, i'd say around 12khz in my soil would be about right.
It was better on the shilling, at 9" it was getting it but the ID was less accurate, jumping mostly from 1-34 to iron and back, but to be expected.

The Signum with stock 11" coil @7khz was also excellent, between the 2 it would be down to wither you wanted more depth with decent ID, also meaning probably better ferrous/non ferrous, vs a bit less depth with better ID.

2 very good machines.

Back
Top Bottom