The Scoop on Stealth

I have the stealth 920ix scoop. I needed big to get the biggest scoop of sand and get to the dry, dump, and check it for the target. I got the small holes in the back so small targets stay put. But in reality, nothing much falls through the holes. You have a ton of sand that even in the water takes too long to shake out - weighs too much. You will do just as I do - dump it out to check. And it is so big the waves will make it hard to maintain if you are trying to wash out the sand to the target. On dry sand too - just too much sand in a scoop to shake out, just dump and check. Its mainly if you want to capture the target with the least amount of scoop digs. I sometimes envy guys with smaller scoops in the dry but I mostly are up to knee deep in the water and need this one. I wonder if the hole size even matters for the way I use it. I suspect something out of plastic could even work for me and you can scan that for the target. I’ve used the plastic feed shovel with holes and next one I make will skip the holes - but for now, I will use the Stealth.

Stavr M-9

No longer in my line up , now my old buddies , let the old style hole in the Goose Neck design go , I see some major player's making our detector's go out of business , I hope scoop maker's still in the business make material changes & design updates , or do the same , only the strong survive in today's market .

No longer in my line up , now my old buddies , let the old style hole in the Goose Neck design go , I see some major player's making our detector's go out of business , I hope scoop maker's still in the business make material changes & design updates , or do the same , only the strong survive in today's market .

I have some BREAKING news on titanium scoops. Trying to work something out now. Can't go into too much details , but may post later.

I have a Stavr I got from Frank and he put a Fiberglas handle on it and drilled the screw hole out and put a bolt all the way through... works perfectly... you can do the same instead of complaining about the way Ruslan makes his scoops... its my go to scoop for rock hunting...

CFM-ct reply

Not complaining, M-9 has been sold , when i had the scoop , i not only drilled the screw hole through , i also drilled an additional hole all way through, now i don't have to worry about it , DONE DEAL , ps when you break a handle, have fun changing the handles out, personally i like quick release up to date style :thumbsup: PS KOB , Titanium has been out , old news , for wright now, i have enough scoops to use, selling the M-9 was a blessing, a fine line between 316 stainless - better corosion resistance than 304 SS vs a titanium upgrade , depend's how deep your pocket's are , and how much you hunt , if it's worth it , noone know's but the hunter himself .

Attachments

• StavrSunspot Fromm Gold 002.JPG
    StavrSunspot Fromm Gold 002.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 227
Not complaining, M-9 has been sold , when i had the scoop , i not only drilled the screw hole through , i also drilled an additional hole all way through, now i don't have to worry about it , DONE DEAL , ps when you break a handle, have fun changing the handles out, personally i like quick release up to date style :thumbsup:

Of course you were complaining otherwise you would not have brought it up...I have no clue what model I have as Frank modified it adding material to the lip making it stronger. Frank is a excellent welder.

Attachments

• IMG_1136.jpg
    IMG_1136.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 210
Craig how old is this thread anyway :roll::laughing: Never mind JULY 2019 , over a year old , alot has happened in a year .

It doesn't matter how old it is... its still a relevant thread... next week we will bring back the AQ thread ok ? :yes:

AQ thread

Sure , Craig maybe you can work your magic , snap your fingers , instead of the fantasy AQ version 2 , influence ML to break out a better PI machine , I'm saving my cash 4 it .:wish::money::money::money::money::money: Only the strong survive , live everyday like it's your last :yes: PS OBN has my skullies that been on ice over a year, now for what machine , remain's to be seen , they are all in limbo :roll:

Sure , Craig maybe you can work your magic , snap your fingers , instead of the fantasy AQ version 2 , influence ML to break out a better PI machine , I'm saving my cash 4 it .:wish::money::money::money::money::money: Only the strong survive , live everyday like it's your last :yes: PS OBN has my skullies that been on ice over a year, now for what machine , remain's to be seen , they are all in limbo :roll:

I'm done buying machines... I don't need any other detector... there is a limit to our bottom make up I can reach the clay where I hunt with my excal.

Of course you were complaining otherwise you would not have brought it up...I have no clue what model I have as Frank modified it adding material to the lip making it stronger. Frank is a excellent welder.

And looks like there are still a few years left on it. Heck, if you want to you can buff out that surface rust in a minute or 2. Pretty much the same scoop I have... only difference is I epoxied the handle right into the scoop. 4mm sidewall won't be breaking this decade. Also, surprisingly, its easier to dig and more sturdy.

And looks like there are still a few years left on it. Heck, if you want to you can buff out that surface rust in a minute or 2. Pretty much the same scoop I have... only difference is I epoxied the handle right into the scoop. 4mm sidewall won't be breaking this decade. Also, surprisingly, its easier to dig and more sturdy.

I'm very happy with the scoop it holds up very well digging on the rocks I dig in... the handle has a wooden dowel inside so no worries about breaking it...

So what model is it Steve?

Its just surface rust I can buff it out but why bother..

Surfy....if you don't remember...I'm all familiar with titanium scoops. Look at my posts. I have one. Like I said...it will be BREAKING news...

Kobbie

Cool , i have 100 clams for one , were is the product ? :lol: PS Craig , it's not about what you want , or need -24/7, it's what i want :p

Buy a detector that nulls on gold plated items :yes:
That's some funny stuff right there ! I kinda remember that. Wasn't that a chain or something ? Swore up & down it was real. But we all knew....

Just 4 u KOB / MEMORY LOSS

To the Cali rich beaches , what's here ; JUNK , Happy :?::roll: IF i was in Ca. or FL. THINGS WOULD BE DIFFERENT :grimace:

Attachments

• P1010120.jpg
    P1010120.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 173
  • P1010102.jpg
    P1010102.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 187
  • P1010103.jpg
    P1010103.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 170
  • P1010174.jpg
    P1010174.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 178
I'm done buying machines... I don't need any other detector...
Really? I don't think Earl knows...:laughing:;)

To the Cali rich beaches , what's here ; JUNK , Happy :?::roll: IF i was in Ca. or FL. THINGS WOULD BE DIFFERENT :grimace:
Earl the last 2 "gold" chains I found (one was massive AND marked 18K) were junk. I found a nice sized one recently that was plated over stainless. Junk is everywhere!

Felix

Really :woot::sun2: , well you didn't roll snake eyes this year , I didn't hunt much but every time I go out , tired of junk , if I lived thier and found no gold, at least the treasure coast is on your side, I would be hunting it 24/7 , look at Scoundrel , retired after the gold hoard 1715 fleet treasure , but took a chance diving in shark infested waters , all those storms churning up the sand thier , the rich depositors , 1715 fleet gold half never found, Miami Cuban gold, you should be rich in gold , come up here hunt replenishment sand , depositors of junk jewelry, or go up CT hunt in those rocks , your a----- will fly back to Florida quick :realitycheck::stop::takeoff::sorry::sorry: Florida & California HUNTERS like Kob , You, can dish out the little jokes, but reality is the state you live in plays a major roll in your success, unless your OBN hunting the Bays , or Gary willing to travel which I can't do , however having other hobbies now , Boating , fishing, crabbing, this weekend OC un- official bike week , riding the girls , one on the back Wed. Is better than swinging 4 junk , having fun retired , don't need the gold, but I would like from time to time , be rewarded for the hobby . Lol € not in returns :lol: PS here is something to think about , if gold WAS here , OBN would have a room in my house , he's been a Ghost of the Chesapeake Bay :laughing::nothingtoadd::okay::tiphat: PS back to SCOOPS

Back
Top Bottom