Pulse detectors

Supadupame

How deep are pulse detectors? All i heard is they are deeper than normal detectors or that are very deep but that doesnt help me much. At least how much deeper are they compared to top normal detectors? (100%,50%...)

That really depends on the conditions. If you are searching really bad soil, a pulse machine will detect about as deeply as a VLF machine, where in fact the VLF machine will be limited. In good soil, both machines will tend to detect equally with the added benefit of good discrimination with the VLF machine. In salt water, a pulse machine will tend to go about 25% deeper then a VLF. This has been my experience.

On a smaller scale. A Garrett Pro Pointer, which is not pi, is said to detect a coin at about 2 inches. A DetectorPro Pistol Probe, which is pi, detects to 6 inches or more.

HH
Wayne

The Minelab Excalibur and the Fisher CZ20/21 have always been said to be the deepest water machines on the market and they are both VLF. I would believe this because I have used the land versions of both the CZ7 and Sov. For me it would be tough to go to a PI machine even with some minimal increae in depth while loing the disc capabilities of a VLF.

A PI is deeper than both the CZ and the Excal... a PI is not bothered by black sand like a VLF is... I own a GT and know its not as deep as my PI is I have also owned the Excalibur and trust me its not as deep as a PI... those of us who use PI's can and do discriminate by ear...

Don't believe everything you see on that site... those tests are a bit off :roll:

Why would anyone use a PI if they could get greater depths with a VLF?

A PI getds better depth in black sand VLFs have alot of trouble with...

Did you see where I posted my GT doesn't get the depth my DF gets?

If I thought my GT was deeper than my PI I would use it all the time...

Back
Top Bottom