White Prism II and the beach?

junglebill

Hello folks,

Need some input about an upcoming trip.  I have a WHITEs Prism II, works great here in the mountains and in the lakes (in water 6-8" or so), but will it be worth it to drag it to the beach? 

Will it be ok on wet sand, maybe an ich or two the the water?

Thanks in advance for you input.

_____

Regards from Western NC!

Hi Bill. The Prizm II is limited in its abilities in some conditions. Wet salt sand is one of them. Dry sand will be OK but run it all metal or very low discrimination. :yes:

TonyinCT,

Thanks for your reply. I am new to this hobby so I am a little confused about running it "all metals".

I have a Discriminator pad, a Pinpoint pad, and a Sensitivity pad. Are you suggesting I select the lowest DiscRimination setting or the highest sensitivity setting?

Thanks again!

Go with the lowest disc or pinpoint. Run the sensativity as high as you can without losing stability.

The Prizm II worked fine in the dry sand using the settings I use when I go in the dirt around here. I didn't get a chance to use it much week befor last at Emerald Isle because of the weather. Couldn't use the PI much either as the surf was really rough. Good luck
pop

Thankyou for you input and suggestions. I will be on the beach a full week, so , hopefully I will fing something of interest. I'll be glad to post pictures of any finds I may come across.

Aye me hardy! It be a good time to come to me beach and visit me ship duplicates. Many a landlubber will be a coming to me faire and me be sure that many a dubloon will fall from their pockets. Ye can bet me will be a swinging and digging in a fortnight to increase me treasure hoard.

I hung me firstmate so I have space fer a new one while in port if ye be a coming this way! :lol:

1privateer said:
Aye me hardy! It be a good time to come to me beach and visit me ship duplicates. Many a landlubber will be a coming to me faire and me be sure that many a dubloon will fall from their pockets. Ye can bet me will be a swinging and digging in a fortnight to increase me treasure hoard.

I hung me firstmate so I have space fer a new one while in port if ye be a coming this way! :lol:

What did he say? :lol: :lol: ;)

Beats me. And I don't know where to go as no location is posted for him
pop

Ahoy there, 1privateer....

What beach is it that yer claimin, an what the blazes is a ship duplicate!

Did I say that right? I dont speak fluent prirate! :D

Translation for ye non-pirate types:

This weekend is the start of the Tall Ship Celebration in Morehead City and Beaufort, NC. Since several are models of the ships many pirates use, they are "duplicates". Now since I am the only licensed pirate east of the Mississippi ye can bet yer bottom dubloon that I'll be around to see them. Has nothing to do with the fact that I have a vacation home nearby, hehehe!

They're expecting in excessof 100K visitors to the area and the beaches. Now how many coins and other treasures do ye think will be lost upon the sands of the beaches? Poptop, ye should know and junglebill is headin' this way so since I will already be there a hunting friend would be welcome. Me other one is having a family reunion and isn't available, so I hung him in effigy!

This is as close to that rat race as I want to be for this coming week. Now after the peoples are gone should be good hunting. Vacation home does change a lot of things, except the traffic :lol:
pop

What a conincidence there 1privateer, I will be in your back yard starting 13 July for 1 week. I work for the Baptist Children's Homes of NC and every year we come down to Emerald Isle for a week. I will have plenty of volunteer diggers (up to 24 ages 5-17). Maybe we'll "come alongside" while I'm there!

Privateer, what kind of rules or ordinances do they have for MD'ing along the Morehead and Beaufort beaches...I hunt Topsail some and the only thing there is to STAY OFF THE DUNES ..HH Roadrunner_426

Back
Top Bottom