Not much but I’m on the board

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
Silver #1 for the year ,1943 war nickel..lasted about a half hour,fingers were cold and the snow is making the lightest machine feel like a lead weight on the end.Gonna definitely keep track this year of my finds instead of lumping them all together with previous years finds,I usually just toss silver in the bag with the rest.

Attachments

• 6A7A5EE5-6714-4CDB-B840-8CFA7B47050A.jpg
    6A7A5EE5-6714-4CDB-B840-8CFA7B47050A.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 241
  • C2815404-436D-4705-9638-9AF176644941.jpg
    C2815404-436D-4705-9638-9AF176644941.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 223
Congrats Pete on the first Silver of the year. Recommend you bag your coil when using in the snow as it does not build on the coil nor interfere with the coils results. Also I tape a hand warmer under a thin piece of foam to the neck handle of my machine and also have hand warmers in my gloves to keep the fingers warm. I does allow me to hunt longer in the cold. Trapper

Congrats on the snow nickel. Cold fingers do make a hunt less enjoyable, hand warmers for sure. HH

Congrats! :woot: Sweet silver. :detector:
Thanks Wolf-Dog

Congrats Woodbutcher!! I will take a war nickel any day!!!
Thanks Lil worm6

Congrats Pete on the first Silver of the year. Recommend you bag your coil when using in the snow as it does not build on the coil nor interfere with the coils results. Also I tape a hand warmer under a thin piece of foam to the neck handle of my machine and also have hand warmers in my gloves to keep the fingers warm. I does allow me to hunt longer in the cold. Trapper
Thanks Trapper..I got a whole bag of hand warmers in my Christmas package from Ron71,new gloves,silver and some other great items..I forgot about the hand warmers until now,I’ll hafto put them with my out supplies..Good tip on the coil cover,that snow really hangs up on it.
Congrats on the snow nickel. Cold fingers do make a hunt less enjoyable, hand warmers for sure. HH
Thanks mdtrapper,I got just the cure for that,hand warmers.lol

Alright Woody! Yeah..you gotta coil bag that baby and also stick on some of those Hothands dealies...I like the Hothands Toe warmers on account of they have the sticky tape..I stick one on my rig handle like so...

Then I drop a standard square Hothand regular handwarmer in my finds pouch where I keep my digging hand when it is not in use...so a guy can hunt pretty good barehanded right on through the whole Winter...

The adhesive toe warmers are more expensive than the regulars..thats why I only use one stuck to the handle and a regular square one in my pouch pocket...a 16 pack is 32 adhesives hand grip warmers per season, and thats enough to get me through the coldest times...So its economical in a way and smart thinking on my part!! :laughing:

Attachments

• bagged coil.jpg
    bagged coil.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 200
  • hot hands.jpg
    hot hands.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 202
  • hot hands1.jpg
    hot hands1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 199
Congrats on the war nickel to kick off the silver count for the year! How do you like that Deus in our crappy western PA soil?

Congrats on the war nickel to kick off the silver count for the year! How do you like that Deus in our crappy western PA soil?
Thanks waveoff
In our soil it’s deep,I mean really deep.And it’s only 9 inches round.Not much will surpass it for pure depth here that’s for sure...I almost sold it this morning.lol.But I’ve decided to keep it awhile longer,it’s pretty good.

Way to go braving the cold. I find my fingers only sting for the first hour then they go numb!

Nice haul man! I got cabin fever up here ATM, woods are still huntable, it's been damn cold though. I live vicariously through other forum member's silver coins :laughing: congrats!

Nice job getting out there in the cold and snow to recover some silver, it's pretty frozen here too, spring can't get here fast enough. Congrats on the war Nickle Pete, I hope you get some warmer temps soon!

Congrats on the silver nickel and also congrats for even getting out there in the first place. The ground's frozen here but it doesn't matter, it's just too darned cold for me to be out there.....Wake me up in April !

Way to go WB. Nice save on the silver. Glad to see you got out. I went out back and tried to stick my digger in the ground-nada-no dice. Maybe a woods spot later in the week. Good luck Mark

Way to go Pete! Any silver is a good silver, especially when you have to battle adverse conditions.

Looks like you were freezing with a Deus? More guts than me. Here in Wichita wind chill keeps me from venturing out lately. High near 50 today, gonna shrug off some cabin fever and give it a try. Appears that war nickel is in great condition. Haven’t found one myself, harder to find than usual silver stuff.

Back
Top Bottom