• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Segway headed for Craigslist

I can't believe the guy who invented that died from driving it off a cliff

yeah right :?: how do you do that? It's hard to fall off one but I guess you could ride it over a cliff. The only time I ever came off the matt was when I had my 125 lb black lab speed up after he saw a deer on the trail ahead.

He pulled the machine with me on it beyond the govenor and the platform automatically starts pushing back the stick :lol: I was laying so far back I had to get off but I wasn't about to let go of the Segway so I tore some holes in the knees of my pants that day. Don't ask why I did not just let go of the dog.

Originally Posted by MikeBionca
I can't believe the guy who invented that died from driving it off a cliff

Have heard they now come with Chute Option......
:yes:

translation; always wearing z helmet (segway no damage)

I wonder what a bicycle looks like in this same test which can go 10 times faster... stupid is as stupid does :roll:

A near worthless device, like the smart car, and the smokeless ashtray.

You left out the DVD rewinder. :D
I dunno know about you, but I just hate rewinding my DVDs manually after watching them.

dvdrewinderdevice.jpg

Actually not worthless

I volunteer as an instructor for Segs4vets. its a non-profit that supplies segways for veterans. You would be impressed at the courage of the men and women I have trained. Here are young warriors who have been blown apart and within a few hour I am able to improve their mobility and quality of life. I teach these kids and its hard for them and they fall and get right back up with no complaints, while the guy in the cube next to me can't come in on a Monday cause, he hurt his hand on the remote control over the week end.!!!

http://youtu.be/tP1-sfBYRZk

I volunteer as an instructor for Segs4vets. its a non-profit that supplies segways for veterans. You would be impressed at the courage of the men and women I have trained. Here are young warriors who have been blown apart and within a few hour I am able to improve their mobility and quality of life.

http://youtu.be/tP1-sfBYRZk

I can see how Segway could be a great help if you tire easily as this video states some injured American warriors do. This is curious and I had not seen any of these video's until today...thanks. Segway had toyed with the idea of remaking the Gen2 rigged handle bars again for the vets added stability but they didn't do it and only lean-steer is available. I never liked lean-steer Seg's mostly for its looks but eventually one must move on :roll:

There are a bunch of these Segs-4-Vets vids and even though I am not disabled I still get that same smile when I glide too. Any disabled Vet can have my tax money to secure one if thats what's happening here. Heck of a lot better cause than the goofy stuff I see tax dollars going for here in Illinois.

God Bless em all... you are a good man for your time and services :waytogo:

Chicago is the most Segway Friendly City in America, NewYork is totally banded :laughing: now how about a little Tom Petty

Freefallin...

kinda funny since I wrecked the first time I went out off roading with a segway!!!

Actually we have passed federal legislation that allows veterans on a segway any where a wheelchair is allowed.

I used to work downtown Chicago in 1980 had to walk everywhere for a delivery job.. a segway would have been great..

Nice video thanks for sharing..

Back
Top Bottom