going wireless?

Pjbassturd

Elite Member
My E-trac is Going wireless guys? Show off your wireless setup let's set some pics, these auvio earbuds I got on sale at radio shack for about $40 they sound great no lag in in signal, I went on a 6 hour hunt today and the battery lasted the whole hunt just fine and no more getting tangled in my headphone cord!
Forgot to put the ¼ inch adapter in the pic.

picture.php

:cool::cool:

Radio Shack is discontinuing the Auvio 33-283, it is just like your setup only difference is it has a full size headphone. Most Radio Shacks have sold out of them, the store in my area has one left and I would of loved to get it to try out on my new to me Minelab X-Terra 50 that is expected to arrive this coming Monday. I just can't seem to come up with the $40.00 to buy it & probably time I can find the money they will be sold :mad:.

My E-trac is Going wireless guys? Show off your wireless setup let's set some pics, these auvio earbuds I got on sale at radio shack for about $40 they sound great no lag in in signal, I went on a 6 hour hunt today and the battery lasted the whole hunt just fine and no more getting tangled in my headphone cord!
Forgot to put the ¼ inch adapter in the pic.

picture.php

:cool::cool:
Check out this thread http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=79577

the 33-283 is the way ta go, plus battery life is much longer.

i'm not sure about the delay problem with the ear buds but i'd have more of an issue with the battery life if they only got 7 hours, with the 33-283 i get 16+ hours before needing recharging

Thanks for the tip dogpound I'm going Monday to see if I can hunt down a pair, there's a ton of radio shacks in my area hopefully I'll get lucky, if not I'll check Amazon.

Thanks for the tip dogpound I'm going Monday to see if I can hunt down a pair, there's a ton of radio shacks in my area hopefully I'll get lucky, if not I'll check Amazon.

from what i've heard the 33-283 are being discontinued and can be picked up for under 40 bucks at RS, thats if they have any left.
if you can find a pair grab them, they are very comfortable, lightweight and have good battery life, they also fold for easy storage and come with a carry bag.

if your runnin these on your etrac i'm not sure if you'll need the inline volume control or not but the inline volume control is nice ta have so you can place the transmitter in a safe location

the 33-283 is the way ta go, plus battery life is much longer.
+1
Not only that, but the dongle is also physically smaller as well.

I hate earbuds! I have yet to find ANY that fit, stay put, or are comfortable.

The 33-283 work so well that I bought three of them.

Today was my lucky day, I had a satellite call this morning and just got back from it and made me enough $$$ to get a pair, hopefully our Radio Shack still has the last set that they had the other day when I called. I read on one of the other forums that there was a delay when using the 33-283's but after reading you folks remarks here I think that they will work just fine. Only concern that I have is that will they hold up if any moisture gets in the earcups, My head & ears sweat pretty good on warm days & moisture and electronics don't mix. Thanks for the reviews!!! Steve.

P.S. I will be using them on a Minelab X-Terra 50.

Back
Top Bottom