Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Advice on Detector Purchase

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-24-2020, 07:02 PM
dbp05ret dbp05ret is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 4
Default Purchase Expectations

I am getting close to buying my first detector. Actually, I may buy 2 new detectors. I have read numerous post about supporting the sponsors of this forum. Also, I read about people who buy from non sponsors. So this has prompted the following questions: Will the prices for a specific detector(s) vary from one dealer to another? What services before and after the purchase should one expect from a sponsor or non sponsor dealer? If a person buys 2 detectors from a dealer at the same time, is there ever a discount? What questions should I ask other than price and shipping method. Thanks!
Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 03-24-2020, 07:13 PM
yooper69's Avatar
yooper69 yooper69 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,405
Default

Originally Posted by dbp05ret View post
I am getting close to buying my first detector. Actually, I may buy 2 new detectors. I have read numerous post about supporting the sponsors of this forum. Also, I read about people who buy from non sponsors. So this has prompted the following questions: Will the prices for a specific detector(s) vary from one dealer to another? What services before and after the purchase should one expect from a sponsor or non sponsor dealer? If a person buys 2 detectors from a dealer at the same time, is there ever a discount? What questions should I ask other than price and shipping method. Thanks!
I will make it easy. Call Jeff at Quality metal detectors

__________________
EQ-800
2020 Silver Coins 36-FTY
(12-Rosie) (13-Merc) (3-BD) (1-SD) ((2-GWQ) (2-BQ) (1 SLQ) (2-W-N) (18-IHP)

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #3  
Old 03-24-2020, 07:48 PM
Big Treble's Avatar
Big Treble Big Treble is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SW WI
Posts: 4,780
Default

Just call MAP pricing allows special pricing by voice and not in print.

Just a thought, as you pick your first detector, I would suggest you just start with one, it can take sometimes many many hours to pick up all the nuances the machine is telling you about the target. And bouncing back and forth between two unknown machines will just delay the learning process.

__________________
CTX, Anfibio, V3i----Most days I'm not sure if I'm a Metal Detectorist, or a Scrap Metal Relocation Engineer.
Big Treble Outdoors Treasure Adventures -Missing big silver & anything remotely valuable since 2010.

Reply With Quote


3 members found this post helpful.
  #4  
Old 03-24-2020, 07:51 PM
DbblTap DbblTap is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 641
Default

How about a list of the sponcers ? I can't find them for some reason.

Thank You

GLHH

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 03-24-2020, 08:02 PM
Big Treble's Avatar
Big Treble Big Treble is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SW WI
Posts: 4,780
Default

Originally Posted by DbblTap View post
How about a list of the sponcers ? I can't find them for some reason.

Thank You

GLHH

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk
Upper right corner there is a banner right below that is a link "list all sponsors "

__________________
CTX, Anfibio, V3i----Most days I'm not sure if I'm a Metal Detectorist, or a Scrap Metal Relocation Engineer.
Big Treble Outdoors Treasure Adventures -Missing big silver & anything remotely valuable since 2010.

Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 03-24-2020, 08:52 PM
dbp05ret dbp05ret is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 4
Default

I was actually going to buy a detector for my wife as well.
Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 03-24-2020, 08:59 PM
Big Treble's Avatar
Big Treble Big Treble is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SW WI
Posts: 4,780
Default

Originally Posted by dbp05ret View post
I was actually going to buy a detector for my wife as well.
Ok i understand now, sorry to overstep.

I am a prime example why you shouldn't assume.

__________________
CTX, Anfibio, V3i----Most days I'm not sure if I'm a Metal Detectorist, or a Scrap Metal Relocation Engineer.
Big Treble Outdoors Treasure Adventures -Missing big silver & anything remotely valuable since 2010.

Reply With Quote


  #8  
Old 03-24-2020, 11:53 PM
dbp05ret dbp05ret is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 4
Default

No worries. Totally understand the issues with learning 2 detectors. That would be a challenge. Thanks
Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #9  
Old 03-25-2020, 05:44 PM
Beachhunter's Avatar
Beachhunter Beachhunter is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,664
Default

Yep! I had to double up when I switched from the Equinox to the XP Deus. Not impossible though. On the other hand, I used an Equinox Screen Protector, cut to fit, for the Deus controller.

__________________
Equinox 800 / XP Deus

Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.