Drought Spanish

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hey everyone, still kicking :lol: been a very down year for detecting, just been an extremely busy year. We have had drought like conditions, and many spots are accessible that once were not, so I've been trying to focus on those areas. They could be gone tomorrow. Today I went to a spot along a creek that is riddled with old broken glass, crocks, and some metallic trash. I've found a few keepers here before, but was never able to get out as far as today. Finds vary age wise, it is still used today, primarily for fishing. Ive found a few silvers up on land, including seated coinage, so any signal could be old. Oldest coin before today was a large cent. This 1782 1 Reale is now the oldest and only my 11th silver coin for 2022. Hoping to at least double that total, maybe even surpass it if I can get into the water before winter. The rest of the year should be alot slower, so hopefully I'll be able to get more hunting time in. Thanks for looking and happy hunting! :cool3:

Attachments

• 20220811_115822.jpg
    20220811_115822.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 525
  • 20220811_115753.jpg
    20220811_115753.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 510
  • 20220811_115207.jpg
    20220811_115207.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 521
Wow that’s great! I was just complaining about it bing hot and dry. It sounds like dry is good for you. I guess I need to change my hunting sites.

Way to go Jeff.

The Charles River near me is so dried up, you can walk across it in spots. This was on the local news and ABC national news!

Wow, that is a beautiful Reale, congrats on a wonderful recovery! Be sure to check for some good old bottles while you are in the water, some nice finds are made that way.

Congrats on the one Reale ! Slim pickings are better than no pickings, especially when they are quality pickings! I have not been able to get out as much as normal this year, but have scored a couple good finds when I have been as well.

Congrats on the Spanish silver, a sweet save for sure. Will that clean up ? A Reale is on my list but not likely. The places I hunt are too modern. Good to see you got out Jeff and I hope you at least double the silver count fty. Good luck. Mark

Back
Top Bottom