Relic Detector

Bill_Ace_350

Elite Member
Have an AT-Pro. Love it.

Search for relics and coins in old farm fields and farmhouse yards.

Found lots of good stuff.

Would a larger than stock coil benefit, or is there a deeper, better relic and coin detector available for +-&650.00?

Water-proof is not a must have.

Thanks

Have an AT-Pro. Love it.

Search for relics and coins in old farm fields and farmhouse yards.

Found lots of good stuff.

Would a larger than stock coil benefit, or is there a deeper, better relic and coin detector available for +-&650.00?

Water-proof is not a must have.

Thanks

Deep tech warrior, I have on of those.

Deep on coins, relics.

Even deep in worse ground mineral wise.

Not too pricey either.

I have 2 coils for mine.
A stock coil and a smaller called a super six coil.
Coil is not 6" though, just what the slang name is.

Can only disc out foil though.

But in old sites works well.

Used Deus unit might fall into your price range.
Used Minelab Etrac or SE pro.
Deus better choice IMO in older sites.
Excluding parks.

A Technetics T-2 Classic is a good detector for the $$$.
A Patriot (Fisher F70 really) is another that is good for the $$$.

Have seen some White's Vx3 and V3i units going pretty cheap used.
These units not easy to get to hunting well fast with, but can do well.

Used Makro Racer 2 would be a good choice.

The Equinox 600 model might just be a good one detector setup to suit you for your sites. And seems is in your price range. Will release soon it seems.

It just depends on how invested you really want to be into true relic-hunting. Real relic hunting is digging all non-ferrous in a site. Having one foot out the door would be an ID machine to pick through the non-ferrous and choose.

The Deeptech units are one of the best relic units out there but you will be invested. They are deep, ID some of the best at depth, and have a great recovery speed (I'd say better than the Garrett). All of that for a great price, too?

Sign me up!

No benefit to the AT-Pro with a larger coil?

For the most part a larger coil will almost always give you a little bit more depth, and it allows you to cover more ground with each sweep. The negative is when hunting in areas with a lot of trash like nails, pull tabs etc, its harder to separate the good from the bad. As far as depth the difference can be negligible to significant depending on the machine and the ground conditions in your area and the cost may not be worth it. Best bet is to search for some specific videos or test reviews comparing coils on the AT Pro.

relic machine

Call DENNIS at METALDETECTORS.COM for a price on a tecnetetic t2 se ,one of the best relic machines around

Back
Top Bottom