Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Sunspot Scoops
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Beach and Water Hunting

Old 04-30-2018, 10:01 PM
Freshwater Shark

Default I sent Coiltek an Email. Booo

I sent them one yesterday and got a reply today. This is it.

Hello Robert,

Thank you for contacting us.

Sorry, unfortunately we have no plans to produce a coil for the Minelab Equinox.

However, you never know what the future holds!

Please keep a look out on our Facebook page and Newsletter for new product releases.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you.

If anyone gets a different response I would love to know. The 6" will be just too small for me.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:04 AM
Elite Member

thanx for the update.

Old 05-01-2018, 02:31 PM
Elite Member

I think thats a big mistake. This thing is selling like hot cakes to homeless people. Of all the machines...... this would be one worth doing a coil or two for. Look at the gap.... 6 to 11 and 15 as well another good reason to do one or two.

D. Meeker

Old 05-01-2018, 03:29 PM
Elite Member

Unhappy After

The CTX3030 14x9 lemon that would not stay locked in on the communication with the machine , in , and out, i could care less , never again.

Excalibur Blue 1000, Excalibur Blue 800, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Surf Pi DF, Sovereign GT, XP Deus , F -75 SE-Boost & DST , 1976 Coin Master ***** In The Past Detectors used -- Two- E-trac's , V3I, Omega 8000, 3- Euro Tek Pro's,2- F75 Standard, Cz70 Pro, Cz20 , Excalibur Sword, Two Excalibur 2's & my 1st - One Hot Blue Excalibur 10

Last edited by Surf Master; 05-01-2018 at 05:54 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:56 AM
Elite Member

I kind of agree Surf..... and they werent that light of coils. Id much rather see NEL do one. Scuba...... i saw a post Steve H made talking about trying to get ML to do a solid coil that could be used for raw gold hunting and in the water.... something in the 6X10 range. Only problem i see with those for water hunting is they tend to float causing coil control problems as well as coil flip. If you make it heavy enough..... then it to heavy for land hunting.

D. Meeker

Old 05-02-2018, 06:04 AM
Freshwater Shark

Originally Posted by dewcon View post
I kind of agree Surf..... and they werent that light of coils. Id much rather see NEL do one. Scuba...... i saw a post Steve H made talking about trying to get ML to do a solid coil that could be used for raw gold hunting and in the water.... something in the 6X10 range. Only problem i see with those for water hunting is they tend to float causing coil control problems as well as coil flip. If you make it heavy enough..... then it to heavy for land hunting.
I guess we will see what comes up. They are smart coils so who knows what circuit is in them. My problem is the 6" is just way too small and the 11" is too big to fight the weeds with.

I am hoping we will have an option or two more instead of what Minelab is going to give us. I sure can't see diving with a 15"