Sterling Spoon Ring

pine3874

Elite Member
I found this absolutely gorgeous sterling ring at one of our local lake beaches this morning. This is my favorite men's silver ring that I've found to date. Based on how it is put together and that the designs are on both sides, I believe this ring was made from a sterling silver spoon. If you think that I'm wrong, please let me know. It is size 9.5 and weighs 6.5g.

Attachments

• Spoon ring sterling 4.jpg
    Spoon ring sterling 4.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 395
  • Spoon ring sterling 6.jpg
    Spoon ring sterling 6.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 463
  • Spoon ring sterling 5.jpg
    Spoon ring sterling 5.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 372
  • Spoon ring sterling 3.jpg
    Spoon ring sterling 3.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 370
  • Spoon ring sterling 7.jpg
    Spoon ring sterling 7.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 382
Nice silverware ring! A great example of reusing/upcycling a piece that probably got separated from the set, or was maybe a detecting find! Congrats and HH!

Am I the only one who thinks its from a fork? :laughing:

Kidding aside, that's a really nice spoon ring! Congrats! The only spoon ring I found was a modern fake....

That ones awesome. I found one once. I still have it. Its from my original dip into the hobby in 01. Not nearly as nice as this one here you found. Lot of detail on that one. Thanks for sharing. hh gl -Joe

I found this absolutely gorgeous sterling ring at one of our local lake beaches this morning. This is my favorite men's silver ring that I've found to date. Based on how it is put together and that the designs are on both sides, I believe this ring was made from a sterling silver spoon. If you think that I'm wrong, please let me know. It is size 9.5 and weighs 6.5g.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! I thought that it was a men's ring based on the size, but I guess that it could have been worn by a very large woman, or that she wore it on her thumb.

Back
Top Bottom