Have You Ever Found A Cache ?

fsa46

Forum Supporter
I found 11 @ 8 reale counterfeit coins buried under a large stone in a wall. I don't know what it is about finding a cache, but even though they had no monetary value it was exciting .

Finding something that was lost is great, but finding a cache is even better, knowing it was hidden intentionally.

This one was by luck. And it was a geocache which i don't do. But seen a couple vids on or i'd have been stumped. I happened to walk up under some brush on a side road. There was trash all over. I spot this short clean upright olive jar stuck against the base of a tree in pine needles. All i could see was some folded up paper inside in a ziplock. When i picked it up there was some plastic small toys in it like out of a gum machine. I opened the note and it had where people had found it. I put the lid back on and left it thinking" Good lord there must be a bunch of geocashers out there!"

LOL I almost forgot, until you posted...

I found a geocache once also, a tupperware covered in camo tape. It had a list of folks and dates and a bunch of odd items inside, I did not have a pen, but I found a bunch of shell casings that day and left one of those in the container...

<*)))>{

I found a cache of tools once lol

308770_10150321010138279_1808720802_n.jpg

Probably kind of but an accidental one. At the end of a set of docks I got a signal in about 7' of water. Fanned my hand and uncovered buffalo nickles. Lots of them. When finished digging 39 total. My guess was a dropped paper roll missing one.

I have only seen a few people post a decent cache find throughout the years and at least a couple of those posts were pulled at the posters request. I don't think too many people are actually finding large caches but those that do rarely post pics or talk about it. Someone, somewhere will always try to lay claim to your cache, maybe even your uncle Sam. I would like to see and hear about these finds as well, but the chances are not good.

As of today, I can honestly say I have never found one, but I can also honestly say, if I ever did, I wouldn't tell anyone. A small cache of only a few coins, maybe, but If I found a pile of silver, only my closest friends with tight lips would ever know.

Many years ago a buddy and I were into geocaching. For a while they were fun to hunt. Then they became a miniature container with a magnet on the back of it holding it to a stop sign. My buddy passed away and I just gave up the hobby as it was no fun looking for stop signs. Found some coin spill but not a cache of coins.

Back
Top Bottom