Made in America: Garrett Metal Detectors

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

Attachments

• 19_MadeinAmerica_VideoCover2-696x392-1.jpg
    19_MadeinAmerica_VideoCover2-696x392-1.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 922
Yep, made in America, only wish they could make a detector as good as the Aussies. :cool3:

Maybe some day.

The Aussies don"t make detectors

Aussies make some great detector products just like Garrett.

Minelab and QED make some fine detectors and some of the best coils in the world are made by two Australian manufacturers Coiltek and Nuggetfinder.

Jeff

Wrong. Minelab. Equinox 600/800.
I have the Equinox 800
The parent company, Minelab, is located in Australia. They held a Minelab Dealer Seminar/Training in 2012 that I attended when they introduced the fellow then heading their new location in Illinois. In that presentation their let us know that they were no longer making FBS units in Ireland, I belie it was, and moving all their detector manufacturing to Malaysia.

I was working for a dealer friend at the time and the last I heard, Minelab product were still being made in Malaysia. If there's an official update to that I'd be interested, but that's the last I heard from a Minelab source.

Monte

only wish they could make a detector as good as the Aussies. :cool3:

Why only the Aussies?
Fisher. Whites. XP Tesoro. C-Scope. Eventually all good brands are good and all have some super models.
XP, Tesoro and C-Scope for instance have high freq detectors which are very fierce, as on small gold.

And is it the Aussie detectors? Or the Aussie circumstances? (a lot raw gold in the ground)
The best possible detector will find nothing is there is nothing to be found.

Each company general has a low range line, a medium line and top of the line detectors. And most successful hunters who have been it for the long haul have more then one brand.

"Only american is good"
Are other brands not good enough you say? Not really friendly to those who read this who have a different good or perhaps even better brand.

"One brand, or crazy"
Thanks for calling me crazy. :cheers:

I've got one detector more then ten years in use, and another more then 5 years. No need for others as i have found plenty super finds, and they still do for me. My hunting buddies with "the best detectors" next to me didn't found more or better, and i never found less then them. Museum worthy finds of all kinds that you would envy, so who's crazy?
One could say the same to those spending more and more money time and time again for a feeling and none actual practical results. But I'm not saying that about you, am i?

Great someone has his own opinion. Great someone is proud at his country. But i don't like it that those who have other opinions are being called names. So please stop with that.

"Only american is good"
Are other brands not good enough you say? Not really friendly to those who read this who have a different good or perhaps even better brand.

"One brand, or crazy"
Thanks for calling me crazy. :cheers:

I've got one detector more then ten years in use, and another more then 5 years. No need for others as i have found plenty super finds, and they still do for me. My hunting buddies with "the best detectors" next to me didn't found more or better, and i never found less then them. Museum worthy finds of all kinds that you would envy, so who's crazy?
One could say the same to those spending more and more money time and time again for a feeling and none actual practical results. But I'm not saying that about you, am i?

Great someone has his own opinion. Great someone is proud at his country. But i don't like it that those who have other opinions are being called names. So please stop with that.

I did not mean my comment as an insult to anyone. I am saying that all detectors are not designed the same as others. Some companies design their detectors to handle minerals and have problems with salt or EMI. Some handle trash better than others. In over 12 years of detecting I have NOT found one brand of detector that does everything great.

Exactly. There is no best. My words.
But that's my point. Even if one does't want to insult, it quickly is. If X is the best, means Y is less good (or bad?).
And if people are called "crazy" then i think we should guard to not go into insulting.

graybeard: In over 12 years of detecting I have NOT found one brand of detector that does everything great.

I start my 56th year the first of March and I can guarantee anyone there is no such thing as a 'perfect' detector that does everything great. There are a lot of very good detectors, and not all of them are some of the more recently offered models, either. Too many types of hunt sites, too many challenges from ground minerals or type and amount of discarded debris for one particular make or model to put all the rest to shame.

Most average Hobbyists don't need more than one detector, or possibly two, if that's all it takes for them to get out hunting, find stuff, and have fun. For more Avid Detectorists, it might call for more than a couple oif detectors and assortment of search coils, IF they feel the need to handle a broader assortment of hunt-site challenges.

I know I've kept at least two to five different detectors in my personal outfit since late '71 / '72 just because ...

Monte

I did not mean my comment as an insult to anyone. I am saying that all detectors are not designed the same as others. Some companies design their detectors to handle minerals and have problems with salt or EMI. Some handle trash better than others. In over 12 years of detecting I have NOT found one brand of detector that does everything great.

You need an Equinox:yes::yes::yes:

graybeard:

metaladdict:
You need an Equinox :yes::yes::yes:

I'd argue that, depending upon what is already being used, the types of sites hunted, and the success already being achieved. No perfect detector out there, to be sure. All of them have a strength or two, but all of them also exhibit some weaknesses as well.

I'm adjusting my Detector Outfit this month to trim down the number of units to the analog and digital models that work well where I need them, and that includes both single frequency VLF's and Multi-Frequency that provide both VLF and LF range frequencies as desired for various tasks.

Monte

The best detector is the one that you enjoy using the most and it may not necessarily be the one that you find the most finds with. I've learned a lot from detecting alongside tabman all these years. He keeps me motivated. lol

beephead

graybeard:

metaladdict:
You need an Equinox :yes::yes::yes:

I'd argue that, depending upon what is already being used, the types of sites hunted, and the success already being achieved. No perfect detector out there, to be sure. All of them have a strength or two, but all of them also exhibit some weaknesses as well.

I'm adjusting my Detector Outfit this month to trim down the number of units to the analog and digital models that work well where I need them, and that includes both single frequency VLF's and Multi-Frequency that provide both VLF and LF range frequencies as desired for various tasks.

Monte

Time for an Equinox👍😂

Back
Top Bottom