Last Hunt Brings Home a War Nickel

jack&jill

Elite Member
It has been a very hectic week. Garden and yard activities have been filling my time and of course there is still my job. Well anyway got out late last Sunday for about 2 hours. Went back to Jill's high school and again worked the ridge and again it produced. Put another $5.85 into the clad coffers. Added 4 more Wheat's and the highlight is a 1942P War Nickel. This is Silver #162 FTY. I did not take pictures of the before cleaning coin but have the cleaned coin shots.

As always hope all had good and safe hunts. Thanks for looking and commenting. Jack

Attachments

• 10-5-14 1.jpg
    10-5-14 1.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 198
  • 10-5-14.jpg
    10-5-14.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 198
She looks to be in pretty good shape too! I have found 41s....and I have found 45s.... but the war nickels evade me.....

Great save on that one, Sir.

Good digs.

Pawaide

She looks to be in pretty good shape too! I have found 41s....and I have found 45s.... but the war nickels evade me.....
Great save on that one, Sir.
Good digs.
Pawaide

I have not found a lot of War Nickels in my career but I think its the forth of this year. Thank you Pawaide for you comment. Jack

Congratulations on the silver nickel Jack!
In your title it says "last hunt" I hope that means previous hunt and not last hunt of the year:(

Last edited:
Congratulations on the silver nickel Jack!
In your title it says "last hunt" I hope that means previous hunt and not last hunt of the year:(

For sure Matt it was not my last hunt of the year. Fact is have had 2 since this post and while both were rewarding only one added to the Silver count. Jack

Back
Top Bottom