• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

First hunt of fall gives up KGIII

Digger70pa

Forum Supporter
I got out Tuesday for the first time since late spring. I went to my old coin spot & this turned up. This spot has produced a lot of old coins over the years. The coin is a King George III I can make out 177? For the date. Its pretty worn out. I've found some that were totally worn smooth. They had to be in circulation for a long time. Thanks for looking & HH.

Attachments

• 14128137449241.jpg
    14128137449241.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 376
  • 14128137294520.jpg
    14128137294520.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 347
Wow if I had a spot like that were I knew old coins were lurking. I'd quit work as hunt that place 24/7!!!

Minelab CTX Dirty30-Teknetics T2 Se

Wow if I had a spot like that were I knew old coins were lurking. I'd quit work as hunt that place 24/7!!!

Minelab CTX Dirty30-Teknetics T2 Se
I found a 1793 flowing hair chain cent there a couple of years ago. This spot has produced at least a couple hundred coppers. Its polluted with aluminium trash & is hard to hunt. I think that's why it was never hunted before I found it looking for a civil war camp. Its produced a couple of Spanish reales. I found a 1876 half dollar there to. I almost forgot I dug a bust dime there also. Thanks for the replies guys & HH TIM.

Coins? Your not changing it up on me are ya lol. I should be seeing some great civil war finds from you any day now. Congrats on the oldie.

Always nice to pull something out of the ground that has been there for at least 200 years. Definitly a happening spot back in the day. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom