Looking for best large deep detecting coil compatible with an MXT

LiveJazz70

I know many of are not fans of White's products. However, that is what I have and can't afford a new detector. I am in the market for an MXT compatible large coil that will detect deep targets. Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance and HH!

Not sure where you got that idea about Whites detectors.. there are many members here very happy with their Whites detectors. (me included)

Whites sells the MXT Max 15" Search Coil which looks like the deepest of the coils for the MXT.

What coil are you using now?

I've dug small 22 shell casings and other very small bits of metal at 10"-12"+ with my MXT-Pro with the 12" coil. That's in the red clay soil here in NC. The problem with the depth of a larger coil is less trash separation. I'm waiting for my 4x6 shooter to arrive to help with that problem.

I know many of are not fans of White's products. However, that is what I have and can't afford a new detector. I am in the market for an MXT compatible large coil that will detect deep targets. Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance and HH!

Crimson,

Thanks for responding. I may be wrong about some people not being fans of White's. I just don't hear many talking about White's compared to other brands.

I currently use the 950 Eclipse coil and I love it! I'm just looking for something larger to cover more area in less time. I've also got the DD Eclipse. I'm not happy with that one at all. I too got it for junk areas. the problem is its max depth is about 3 inches.

On your suggestion, I just looked at the MXT MAX. That sounds like a winner! Have you used that coil? I'd like to hear from anyone who has.

Hi Jazz;

Yea, I'm still going back and forth, trying to decide between a Whites V3i and a Minelab E-trac for my next detector purchase.. :p

Sorry, I don't have any experience with that big 15" coil.

3 inch depth on the Eclipse? wow.., that's pretty poor.... :( I wonder what I'll get with the shooter 4x6. :?:

Crimson,

Thanks for responding. I may be wrong about some people not being fans of White's. I just don't hear many talking about White's compared to other brands.

I currently use the 950 Eclipse coil and I love it! I'm just looking for something larger to cover more area in less time. I've also got the DD Eclipse. I'm not happy with that one at all. I too got it for junk areas. the problem is its max depth is about 3 inches.

On your suggestion, I just looked at the MXT MAX. That sounds like a winner! Have you used that coil? I'd like to hear from anyone who has.

Personally, I like my White's and wouldn't trade my DFX for anything...except, maybe, a V3i - maybe. For coils, I'm a big SEF fan. Yes, they're foreign. And, yes, Kellyco is the only place you can get them. But, I put an 8X6 SEF on my DFX and get 7" to 8" with it. The stock 9.5" coil is a little deeper - 9" to 9.5" in my soil. However, it can't handle the trash like the SEF can, so it stays home.

Since you want a larger, deeper coil, I'm assuming that you are hunting relics or caches. You might look at the 15X12 or the 18X15 for those kind of applications. If you just want a deeper coil for coin and jewelry seeking, try the 12X10.

HH

Since you want a larger, deeper coil, I'm assuming that you are hunting relics or caches. You might look at the 15X12 or the 18X15 for those kind of applications. If you just want a deeper coil for coin and jewelry seeking, try the 12X10.

HH

Are these the foreign coils or Whites? I like the idea of the Whites 15 inch coil for deep targets. I am going to call Whites and ask them if it will still target the small stuff like a dime a foot under.

I have the 10x12 SEF on my DFX and it gets pretty good depth and great separation. It could pin point a little better, but that's not the coil but the user. I can't compare to the stock coil as I have never used one but I like what I have fine. If you are not gonna hunt very trashy areas then I would look at the larger SEF or Whites coils. I woulda gone with a Whites coil, but they are proud of them in price so I got the SEF. I believe concentric will get you better depth in good ground but in mineralized the DD design should go deeper than the concentric.

Back
Top Bottom