Help with my detector

John M

I have a Garret Scorpion gold stinger that I bought last year and have a few issues with it. First of all the volume control doesn't seem to have any effect on the intensity of the sound, and also I can't get it adjusted to sound off on my poker chip with a small piece of gold. I've found a lot of tin cans, bottel tops a few square nails, a few coins and other stuff, but nothing of any value. Last year when we were up by Downieville Ca. in a campground we met another couple and they had a Fisher gold bug. His Fisher sounded off on the poker chip, but mine would not. I bought my Garrett from Kellyco so I decided to ask them if they do trade ups, but they don't so I ask them if they could check the detector out and see if it was funtioning properly no again. I found out that if you are a beginner and you buy a detector you won't know if it works properly or not due to the learning curve involved. If you know detecting like a pro you would know right off the bat. I've decided to see if I could find a school or a professional that I learn from in my area. We are members of really great club, but it is headquartered in Reno and haven't been associated with too many other members, but the claims they have does have gold. We generally find color in our pans, but it's just flakes and fines with an occational small picker. We have a sluce box, a desert fox, a rokon motorcycle and a lot of small prospecting equipment. Any help that anyone could give would really be apprecieted.:?:

John, I'm not a gold hunter, but I've heard a lot of experts say the best gold machines are built by Minelab, Fisher, and Tesoro.

You're in Sacramento but belong to a Nevada club?

Check out these guys:

http://www.sacramentovalleydetectingbuffs.com/

P.S. Do you listen to Armstrong and Getty? Joe Getty was one of my students (I taught radio broadcasting for 26 years; I'm retired now).

This is the vidio I got with the detector. I've watched it several times, but I'm still having problems. Dan sent me a link to a club here is Sacramento, I looked at it and sent them an email to see if I could attend a meating as a quest and they said I would be welcome. Thank you Dan and Chicago

John, take your detector with you to the club meeting!

Guaranteed there will be some members there who can quickly answer your questions about it, and check to see that it is working properly.

Back
Top Bottom