Sniper Coil for the ACE 250

Rammjäger

Elite Member
I have the stock coil on the ACE , now I am considering
the possibilty to get a sniper coil.
Should I use it in open field,would I risk losing many targets
due to its small diameter? :?:
Did anyone try this coil on open fields? - Any ideas are welcome ;)

Are these not intended for highly trashy areas that are small, e.g. under a set of bleaches at a local football field where loads of tabs maybe be strewn.? I would think you would lose quite a bit of depth compared to a larger DD in a field.

I have the stock coil on the ACE , now I am considering
the possibilty to get a sniper coil.
Should I use it in open field,would I risk losing many targets
due to its small diameter? :?:
Did anyone try this coil on open fields? - Any ideas are welcome ;)

I have and it works fine, but it will take a lot more time to cover the area you are working. Just make sure you are watching your swings so you overlap and don't miss any ground you want to cover.

It will easily discriminate between targets that are close together, and helps a lot in high trash content areas.

I have and it works fine, but it will take a lot more time to cover the area you are working. Just make sure you are watching your swings so you overlap and don't miss any ground you want to cover.

It will easily discriminate between targets that are close together, and helps a lot in high trash content areas.

Thanks for the tip.
That was exactly what I had in mind. I will have to sweep slower
and try not to overlap my swings.
Loss of some inch in depht will be countervailed by a better
pinpointing and better target ID whenever near iron/target separation.

It doesn't false as much as the standard coil and you can crank it up really high and burn some deep coins-ergo-it can reach almost as deep as the standard coil.:wow:

Forgot to add- I paid for mine in just a short time with finds. You can get in places where most coils can't. Turning the sensitivity down some, you can get right next to poles and playground equipment. It's a secret weapon for sure.;)

Forgot to add- I paid for mine in just a short time with finds. You can get in places where most coils can't. Turning the sensitivity down some, you can get right next to poles and playground equipment. It's a secret weapon for sure.;)

I can still remember how much frustrated I felt MDing in places
like these :( There is no place for a standard coil :no:

Attachments

• 67.jpg
    67.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 266
Wow! Places like that starts the imigination working.

Yes,
It was never detected before,I am sure -
Someday I'll come back and finish my MD job ;):roll:

Attachments

• inside walls.jpg
    inside walls.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 251
  • inside walls 2.jpg
    inside walls 2.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 266
Small, "sniper" coils are really great for nosing goodies out of trashy areas and for detecting in tight places. Not really intended for covering large areas although it can be done with patience. You need to slow down considerably and hunt very methodically, but it'll be worth it. Over the years I've become a believer that unless one covers large, relatively trash free areas regularly, the purchase of larger than stock coils is a waste of money. For most park, fair ground, tot lot, etc. hunting a medium to small coil excells and pays for itself in a short time. AND they swing and pinpoint so nicely. My two cents on coil size.
BB

Small, "sniper" coils are really great for nosing goodies out of trashy areas and for detecting in tight places. Not really intended for covering large areas although it can be done with patience. You need to slow down considerably and hunt very methodically, but it'll be worth it. Over the years I've become a believer that unless one covers large, relatively trash free areas regularly, the purchase of larger than stock coils is a waste of money. For most park, fair ground, tot lot, etc. hunting a medium to small coil excells and pays for itself in a short time. AND they swing and pinpoint so nicely. My two cents on coil size.
BB

Thank you.It seems to be, a relic hunter should have one of these
sniper coils at the backpack as a backup.

Love the sniper coil. Its about the only way I can use my Ace without getting frustrated. and the poster was right about the sensitivity. You can crank it up with no problems.

Mook made a good point. I haven't seen it mentioned often, but with preset ground balance machines, like the Ace 250, the smaller foot print of the smaller coils see less ground and therefore the machine is less influenced by heavier mineralization which can often allow a higher sensitivity setting.
BB

Back
Top Bottom