new to metal detecting with ace 350 please help!!

73transam

HELLO everyone,
i am new to metal detecting. i am from reading pa but now live in hagerstown md.
i have the new ACE 350 with DD COIL. i think i am doing everything right as far as using it. i have only detected our land so far (the house was built in 1948) the only coin i found buried so far was a 1960 penny about 3-4 inches down.
i have been running it in coin mode and everytime i get a good ding ding lol and the screen says it is a coin. i dig and everytime it lied. i end up digging up a peice of tin siding or fence wire. I have dug about 20 good coin dings and on screen coin indicator and it is always trash. sooooo my question is do other people have this problem in coin mode with the ace 350 or 250?
do you think something is wrong with it? i am kinda thinkin i should have bought the fisher f-2. or would the f-2 do the same thing?
i know the on screen coin indicator cant always be right but i thought it was pretty dead on??? oh yeah i was in coin mode to day at the house and got a quarter sign and i dug it up well no quarter but it was a 1920's womens makeup compact? now why would that come up in coin mode?
so for the long read. just getting frustrated with this thing.

thanks in advance
rich.

everytime i get a good ding ding lol and the screen says it is a coin. i dig and everytime it lied. i end up digging up a peice of tin siding or fence wire. I have dug about 20 good coin dings and on screen coin indicator and it is always trash.

jackfunny.jpg
You don't want to know what Cheif said about the "ding dong" in this post. let me see if i can get some instructional vid linked on the ACE 350.... hold on a second

OK group hug
grouphug.jpg

how to tell if its working propery;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWofkoLruRw&feature=related

in the field with the 350;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yfCwQFw3iA&feature=related

reviews;
are mostly people pissed the 250 was as good as the 350 LOL. so maybe Garrett just added the DD coil to a 250 and raised the price idk.

You might have to play around with the settings on the machine. As of right now it's probably "ding dinging" because the metals in the buried treasure are matching the coin settings on the machine. Do a few tests with the discrimination on your 350 to discriminate all the junk out. Become one with your detector :lol: Don't give up!

thanks evryone for the help. i have talked to another ace 350 user and he helped me figure out alot.

i thought i had mad a bad decision buying the ace 350 but i was told even the high priced machines dig trash when they say it is a coin.

so i guess it happens to everyone.

keep practicing, it usually takes several hours to learn the detector. if you found something than its working. also pinpointing will take some getting used to. once ya get a good "beep" centered on the coil, keep holding the pinpointing button and pull the coil toward your feet until the signal drops off, then the target will be at the tip of the coil. this saves from diggin ditches locating your target.

The meters aren't foolproof by a long shot......with more experience, you'll trust your ears more than your eyes......

Dusty

In coin mode you only here the dinging for the coin signals. You may be getting mixed (trash) signals that are actually jumping around but not hearing it. I recommend (as the manual suggests) hunting in all metal for a while to learn the detector. I have the 250 and 350, and now hunt in jewelry mode. I dig anything that "locks" on from different directions,and the detectors guess is usually correct.

Only problem I have with the Ace and it's ding dongs are that that is all they are ding dongs. All the signals sound the same.

As you can see, we all dig junk...and lots of it. The more you use your machine, the better you get to know it, and the better your finds become. You have a great machine, use it lots and learn it well.:D

Dave

The new Garrett Ace 350. It comes with powerful, large 8.5" x 11" PROformance Double-D searchcoil. DD configuration provides greater detection depth and performance by significantly reducing the negative effects of heavily mineralized ground and saltwater interference. The long, narrow detection field provides excellent scanning coverage and target separation ability, as compared to conventional coils. The blunted tip and tail design further extends the coil's total scan area and offers improved searching along obstacles and is optimized for maximum detection depth on small relics and coin-sized targets.

http://www.streeter.org/community/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1215

Back
Top Bottom