just one more question

gunwolf

Elite Member
although I have read alot of posts regarding this...I still am having trouble.
I use a stock ace 250.
I went to my mothers house for about an hour today, searching my old sandbox site in the yard. (I remember burying a jar of coins) the sandbox is long gone(about 30 years or so) and there is a HUGE maple within ten feet(alot of roots)
anyway, I kept getting Ghost signals bouncing between .01 and .10 I was on the coin setting about 3-4 bars of Snst. I would use pinpoint and it would give me a point about a foot away from the ghost signal.
I ignored most of them , but then dug two and found two memorials.
would very moist soil(snow melt) have anything to do with the inconsistant signals? do tree roots tend to throw a signal off? thanks again for the input.
here's my finds today, one 1975 matchbox and two memorials...I could only date one it is a 1969
001-41.jpg

ETA: YES I AM AN IDIOT! I just spent a half hour going back through old postsguess what I wear,.... steel toe boots. still like to know about the soil cond. though.

I can't say I've ever had a root throw a signal off. Now it sounds to me like you might have been hitting some iron targets. Iron has a habit of giving a signal in one place and moving to another when you pinpoint.

Nice finds.

Back
Top Bottom