Help me with a signature?

Collin1776

ef145139ce71637219d6bb1b2b4cc882.png
Anybody able to make it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Ice nailed it! I thought the first two letters were an “E” and a “b”, maybe an “ne” after that, and I definitely saw a “z” after what looks like a small gap. That gap threw me off...I was thinking that was the start of a last name. But “Ebenezer” sure seems to fit, especially if it turns out to be legit colonial.

Hi, it's really blurry. I cannot make out the signature. Do you have a better scan?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I think Ice nailed it! I thought the first two letters were an “E” and a “b”, maybe an “ne” after that, and I definitely saw a “z” after what looks like a small gap. That gap threw me off...I was thinking that was the start of a last name. But “Ebenezer” sure seems to fit, especially if it turns out to be legit colonial.

Hey! Check my recent post for an update. Sorry for the pic quality it was best I could do because I didn’t want anyone finding it on eBay and buying it before I decided if it was worth the buy.

Too blurry

Hey! Check my recent post for an update. Sorry for the pic quality it was best I could do because I didn’t want anyone finding it on eBay and buying it before I decided if it was worth the buy.

I think the first letter last name is L...

Don't have a clue as to how that relates to my question :lol:

The name on the paper is Woodhull. When the last name Woodhull is involved in anything from the colonial days then it’s worth my time.

ef145139ce71637219d6bb1b2b4cc882.png
Anybody able to make it out

Colin, I would agree with Ebenezer as the signature. Back in those times, people did not pay that much attention to spelling. Also, in the document you posted, the word caufs is cause, as others have said. I don't know what the writing rule was, but some "esses" looked like f's and some looked like "esses".A word with a double 's' might be written as bofs (for boss).

I see this a lot in my genealogy research, reading old church records, and town vital records (births, marriages & deaths)

Jim

Back
Top Bottom