Deus on the beach

kweis

Elite Member
Had my Deus on its maiden voyage to the beach the other day. Didn't find many good targets (just a very clean beach) but in dry sand mode was picking up tiny bits of copper over a foot down. Even in wet sand wasn't very chatty still in the dry sand program. Was very impressed by that. Pennies were eaily found at one foot depths as well. Just thought I'd share the Deus beach experience since I don`t see much of that here.

Had my Deus on its maiden voyage to the beach the other day. Didn't find many good targets (just a very clean beach) but in dry sand mode was picking up tiny bits of copper over a foot down. Even in wet sand wasn't very chatty still in the dry sand program. Was very impressed by that. Pennies were eaily found at one foot depths as well. Just thought I'd share the Deus beach experience since I don`t see much of that here.

my equinox does the same very deep and small items. i bet i could find a bb 1ft down easily

I took my Deus with my new HF Elliptical coil to the black sand beach for some experimenting. It certainly performs better than when I was there with the original 11" coil. I've learned so much more about the Deus since I was at that beach last year, but everything I threw at it worked like a charm, including black iron wet sand. I found the secret is to run at 80Khz and lower the sensitivity to around 80. The signals popped really hot and it reduced chatter due to the iron sand. When we found targets they really showed themselves, including one nice silver ring with a small diamond in it. I'm quite sure now that I can tune this to do what I want it to. Also, in my location, it's so mineralized with iron that I have to run in Beach Mode and set ground balance to zero. My testing was really fun - and productive.

I was very impressed.

Thanx for the report. And yes, the general consensus is that the Deus is not an optimum beach machine. It's more for relic purposes, not beach.

Yes it *could* be used on the beach, but there's better machines for the beach objectives. Also bear in mind that the moment you submerge your coil (like if you are working in and out of the ebbing surf zone), that your coil will stop transmitting. Even though, yes it's waterproof, yet : since it's wireless transmitting to your headphones, it can't transmit while submerged.

So for a variety of reasons, the Deus is not generally considered a beach machine.

Back
Top Bottom